RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A strong lager beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavor is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.
Ingredients: water, light barley malt, maltose syrup and hops.
Produced since 1998. 16.5°

scraff (2121) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - AUG 11, 2006
Clear gold, thin white fizzy head. Nose held notes of corn, grass, and honey, with touches of pepper. Flavor was one in the same, clean, and really just non-offensive. Light to medium bodied, tingly carbonation, peppery corn-like finish. I’ve had much worse. Matter of fact, I would even buy it again just so I can put it in brown bag and drink from the bottle. Give it a whirl on a warm summer night....

BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - AUG 6, 2006
This is straight lager laced with an obsceene amount of alchy. I was eating some pringles with this and all I could taste was the alchohol. Its smooth for the most part and not burning. Typical lager with a punch.

kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - AUG 2, 2006
Not sure if I’m rating the same beer as everyone else. This one has a red label, and says "#9 Strong Lager". Since I found no others to match. I’ll rate this. I was actually impressed with this beer, much more so than the Baltika #6 Porter. The flavor, while not real recognizable, was smooth and left a good finish. If this really is the same beer, it was a far cry above the Schlitz (Bull) Malt Liquor I drank as a kid, and I must say I actually enjoyed this beer.

eleusis (70) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 1, 2006
Well, it’s not Old English, but that much better either. I mean, I at least find it tolerable, but alcoholic and thin in flavor. Not impressive, Baltika’s hefe is a much better rendition of the respective style.

UnsofistaCat (241) - Garden City, Michigan, USA - JUL 29, 2006
Nasty. I bet the communist made junk was better. Stalin Stout or some crap like that. Yuck!

1.4
footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - JUL 28, 2006
Another skunky Russian beer. No wonder they all drink Vodka. Christ this was a clear golden brew with an inch of white foam.

ganache (5896) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 9, 2006
Tap at the Leipziger Bierbörse. Clear light golden pour with a lacing, short white head. Smells strongly of pale malts and alcohol. Taste is crisp, sweet, and alcoholic. Mild chalky coating. Medium body with a trace of oil, mild bitterish finish. A little herby medicinalness. To me, this was more of a European Strong Lager than a malt likka... And tsk tsk to all of you giving this a 1 for appearance!

MikeMac (185) - Wyandotte, Michigan, USA - JUL 6, 2006
16.9 oz bottle Pours a brilliant gold color nice carbonation with a bubily white head. aromas were bubble gum yeasty and citrusy. flavor was a malty sweet with a citrus flavor not bad ... I actually like this one ???

skoisirius (1909) - Earth, Washington, USA - JUN 20, 2006
16.9 oz bottle into a Pilsner glass. Pours a light golden color with a small orange tint to it. Thin foamy white head that dissipates quickly and sticks to the sides of the glass. Aroma brings to the nose sugary malt and yeast with a hint of citrus. Flavor mainly consists of corn, grass notes, a tiny bit of bitterness in the hops, and moving into the finish comes the sweet malt we smelled on the aroma. You can taste the 8% ABV at times, but it is not very present. Overall, a decent lager, not very exciting, and not very amazing either. Definitely drinkable.

5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - JUN 18, 2006
Bottle: Translucent pale golden, sudsy white head, promptly falls after it is poured, barely any lacing, light carbonation.   Grassy nose, but also corny, very corny.   Sweetish grassy start, however the corn aspect creeps up quickly.   ABV is well hidden.   This one has a sweet malt finish, grassy, that to me seems fairly clean.   Not bad, boring, but certainly non-offensive.   Body and mouthfeel are moderate.   Not bad, but too much like a souped up BMC to me.