RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A strong lager beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavor is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.
Ingredients: water, light barley malt, maltose syrup and hops.
Produced since 1998. 16.5°

jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - MAR 26, 2006
From a 1pt. 9oz. brown bottle with a best before on the front label, 31/05/06. Made an impressive appearance, poured an clear pale straw golden with a foamy, billowing white head that slowly settle into a clingy, foamy, thin pancake-like lacing, good carbonation. Had a grainy alcohol nose with some floral hoppiness and some faint grassiness. A crisp, biting coarse mouth feel, above average drinkability. Lager husky grainy and lemon grass hoppy taste with a little floral hoppiness, a mild bitterness, some alcohol warmth on the tongue and a crisp, sweet grainy malty finish. I admit, I like the lagers I’ve had from Baltika, they are not world beaters, but they are decent, affordable lagers, well worth trying.

Ivabripof (1) - USA - MAR 21, 2006 does not count
I am looking for Russian Baltika 9 Ber. I like the taste, and really enjoy sipping it. I wish I coid find a plave topurchase it here ase I am moving to AZ and can’t get it there.

zach8270 (4022) - Henrietta, New York, USA - MAR 14, 2006
(bottle - 500 ml) Clear yellow color with about an inch of foamy white head and good glass lacing. Aroma is dry and grassy with hints of corn and some hay. Taste begins rather sweet with a corn flavor and some alcohol underneath it all. The finish is crisp and dry with a warming alcohol sensation. Not too terrible actually.

DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 12, 2006
Bottle at Oakwood High School, Rotherham 22/02/2003 Clear golden coloured strong in alcohol and hoppy. Creamy finish.

deprogram (115) - Renton, Washington, USA - MAR 8, 2006
Super sugary pilsner taste to this extreme Russian kicker. Extra! Seriously Extra! This will put you to the floor, in style. Wow. Super sweet, super strong. Far better than Colt 45, certainly, but...

RooftopRogue (423) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAR 4, 2006
This mildly yeasty beer barely produces any aroma at all. This beer is a very light translucent yellow with just a glaze of head. This is thin and heavily carbonated and only produces a taste of honey after swallowing.

ATOmemphis (200) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - MAR 1, 2006
Poured a nasty yellow so light i really contemplated pouring it out immediately. It looks identical to the pee i took minutes ago, albeit less cloudy. Not much to smell. Not bad for a malt liqour. that’s like saying, it wasn’t the worst diahrea i’ve had. i hate going to the store and "finding" something and thinking "extra lager" is kinda like an imperial lager - i know that doesn’t exist, but SHIT, neither should the #9 Baltika. At least i’m gonna get drunk!

GuyCuba (33) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2006
High alcohol content (8%), which is good, because it deadens that taste buds that much more quickly. Not quickly enough, though, for a very metallic finish to come through. Came real close to pouring this one out, and I NEVER do that.

RAYBOY01 (2011) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2006
First of all, I must admit I drank this not knowing what style the #9 was. I might very easily have said a light pale lager. I am an IDIOT! I never saw the alcohol coming on this one. Now flavor-wise...not so great. Weak, pale and timid. Some very light sweet malt and a very light hop bitterness. But I should also say, in it’s defense, that I did not detect an abundance of corn adjuncts and metallic aftertastes that I generally expect from a malt liquor. So there!

Lewdass (12) - Illinois, USA - FEB 2, 2006
Very poor appearance, looks like budweiser or miller. Taste is better than appearance tho, rather malty flavor. Doesn’t seem as strong as it is. Aroma also not impressive, smells like olde english. Seems to be just a potent malt liquor, not real good or real bad.