RATINGS: 862   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A strong lager beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavor is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.
Ingredients: water, light barley malt, maltose syrup and hops.
Produced since 1998. 16.5°

RAYBOY01 (2010) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2006
First of all, I must admit I drank this not knowing what style the #9 was. I might very easily have said a light pale lager. I am an IDIOT! I never saw the alcohol coming on this one. Now flavor-wise...not so great. Weak, pale and timid. Some very light sweet malt and a very light hop bitterness. But I should also say, in it’s defense, that I did not detect an abundance of corn adjuncts and metallic aftertastes that I generally expect from a malt liquor. So there!

Lewdass (12) - Illinois, USA - FEB 2, 2006
Very poor appearance, looks like budweiser or miller. Taste is better than appearance tho, rather malty flavor. Doesn’t seem as strong as it is. Aroma also not impressive, smells like olde english. Seems to be just a potent malt liquor, not real good or real bad.

DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - JAN 29, 2006
This beer pours with the effervescence and color of Ginger Ale. It has a big white head that settles quickly. I wouldn’t believe this stuff was 8% ABV just from looking at it; I also wouldn’t believe it was big on flavor. The aroma is interesting, and very wrong. Has some truly unpleasant hop-like notes in the aroma. Whatever, all I can say is that it smells bad, but not completely atrocious. The flavor is not very good either. Unfortunately this beer seems to use the ancient technique or steeping the grains in a sack made entirely of soiled gym socks. There is at least a bit of malt and some hops in the palate and notes of alcohol are present in the finish. Overall, I can’t say this is complete piss but it’s damned friggin close. I’d rather drink Colt 45.

FROTHINGSLOSH (8069) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 24, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2006 Russian malt liquor - now that just fuels the imagination. The kind of beer you drink to forget - and the Russians have lots to forget. Sampled from a 16.9 oz can this beer poured a very pale yellow with a huge soapy white head. The aroma was light sour and tangy malts with a hint of spicy hops. The flavor was rather typical for a malt liquor - a bit tangy, a bit sour with an almost corny undertone. The beer had a better mouthfeel than I would have expected and hid the hight alcohol content rather well.

bfeldmann (1050) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - JAN 23, 2006
"Pale Pale yellow color with almost no head. Different aroma then i expected sweet. Only flavor i got out of this was corn and grass. Not impressed. "

AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - JAN 22, 2006
Doesn’t look like how it tastes. Looks like water barely yellow flavorless beer. Actually has some malt flavor. Only problem is the malt flavor is fruity/chalky like a purple Tums EX. Tastes better than Steel Reserve, and has plenty of alcohol.

hellomynameis (877) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - JAN 8, 2006
This was good - not expedition stout good - and interesting. Very malty (it is a malt liqour afterall) with an odd finish that reminded me of vodka. I was surprised to see that this was a malt liqour, but also glad that I was able to graba beer in the style without having to down something nasty.

oldrtybastrd (5003) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2005
Poured a golden yellow, small white head. Malty almost medicinal smell. Malt flavored with a little spiciness near the end.

kgustaf (17) - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA - NOV 24, 2005
Smells like Budweiser, looks like Budweiser. A better malt flavor and the warm feeling in my belly make it an improvement over the popular American corn beers, but there’s not much good to say about this one. It is not, however, a foul brew. Its just unremarkable.

alabamajohn (67) - Alabama, USA - NOV 21, 2005
So I haven’t tried many malt liquors. I have had the Americans- Old Einglish, Schlitz, Colt 45, etc.. When I was 16 years old, taste did not matter in beer. The aroma brought back memories. Bad ones. I must admit it tastes alittle better than it smells. The best malt liquor I have had, and hopefully, the last.