RATINGS: 868   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A strong lager beer with a taste close to classic lager varieties. The flavor is light and there is a suggestion of malt, together with sweetish notes and mild hops bitterness.
Ingredients: water, light barley malt, maltose syrup and hops.
Produced since 1998. 16.5°

seedarchive (1) - USA - APR 16, 2015 does not count
This treasure is probably enjoyed by President Putin ! The complexity of so many characteristics of this brew make description nearly impossible.! Only one way to evaluate this...first person drinker ! Have some at your favorite temperature... mine is around 57-59 degrees F. Get ready for a beergasm !

pnaimport99 (7) - North Hollywood, California, USA - SEP 25, 2002 does not count
..................................................

GrainBeltMan (30) - California, USA - DEC 9, 2006
This is a great beer - one of the best combos of great flavor and ass-kickin’ power around; it’s one of my regular brews. Although it bears some resemblance to Steel Reserve (which is pretty good), Baltika #9 has a rounded, balanced smoothness that sets it apart. The guys panning it must be a) teetotalers; b)lobotomy victims; or c) white zinfandel drinkers.

oldbatchman (32) - - DEC 17, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2017 Pours a nice clear gold with a filmy head from the bottle. Aromas of sugary malt and industrial alcohol. Flavours of treacle and malt, almost sickly sweet like medicine. Overpowering alcohol dominates throughout. Little to like about this but I expect to sleep soundly.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2003
I hope this is the same beer as my bottle said pale beer. If it is I cannot understand the rating. While I am unfamilier with malt liquer this to me did taste like a mild pale ale. I thought Malt liquer was supposed to be sweet? This had only a undertone of it. Kind of similer to bass with its mild sour and sweet flavor. While not something I would buy a case of. This was very good.