overall
Style: Pale Lager
Christchurch, Barbados

RATINGS: 469   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered
Ingredients: Water, Malted Barley (2-Row British and Australian), Hops (Yakima Clusters and Styrian Goldings), Yeast, Sugar, Corn Syrup
Launched: 1961
Banks Beer, the beer of Barbados, is a premium pilsner style lager with a smooth, fresh aroma and a medium alcohol content. Banks is brewed from a pure classic blend of 2-Row British and Australian malted barleys deliciously flavored by Yakima Clusters and the noble Styrian Goldings aroma hops. It is however Barbados’ water, naturally filtered through limestone rock, along with our own special strain of yeast, which give Banks Beer its unique Bajan character and distinctive quality. Consistently the #1 choice among beer drinkers in Barbados since it was first produced in 1961.

Salamon144 (1) - USA - MAY 24, 2007 does not count
My favorite Beer. I’ve only had it in Barbados. The locals say there is a big rights issue between the Brewery and United States, so it is not well distributed. Very good beer though.

Banxx (1) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2005 does not count
This was the best beer I have tasted since I have first started drinking beer 14 years ago. And having the same last name as me helped it a little more. It has a clean taste and no afterbite like most beers out there. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be available soon in the US.

Aragbir (2) - BARBADOS - APR 3, 2012 does not count
One of the best beers suited for the Caribbean climate. Such good balance and body that it has tremendous drink ability.

Shenzer (48) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 7, 2003
This is one damn fine beer. you can't go wrong with a name like banks.

danimal666 (1) - Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 25, 2012 does not count
I might not be a beer connoisseur as far as being able to explain aromas etc etc like some people but I’ve drunk a hell of a lot of beers in my time and all I know is this hits the spot really well. Probably not a big coincidence that I am writing this in the summer time as it is obviously from Barbados so meant to be very refreshing in heat etc but I’ll be getting some more from tesco in the near future thats for sure. Thankyou very much Banks and thank you Barbados

ramcrae (1) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 1, 2004 does not count
Me thinks the other reviewers doth protest too much. This is a great hot-weather quaffer; a beer designed to pair well with spicy food or a summer day. Banks was not built for the cold climes of England or Scotland so don’t compare it to your local pint of heaven. It is mild, but designed to be that way as the area of primary consumption is the tropics. If you can get your hands on some it is worth a tipple--perfect for Mexican, Indian, or of course, West Indian fare. Their slogan "Save Water * Drink Beer"

ilovethebeers (1) - USA - APR 2, 2007 does not count
Bottle: I travel to Barbados at least once every two years. A light feeling lager, with a definitely taste of hop. Perfect beer for a hot day in the Caribbean.

Afficionado (1) - Laurel, Maryland, USA - MAR 25, 2006 does not count
Agree W/banxx of Falls Church - best I’ve had in 48 years of intermittent quaffing. After my return from Barbados, Sam Adams tasted like sewer water & Amstel had no taste at all. I’m spoiled.

Stuartyboy (1752) - Ayr, SCOTLAND - JUN 21, 2014
Bottle shared with Mr_H a pale yellow beer with yeasty aroma flavour is grainy malty with lager hops slightly sweet with decent depth of flavour

kbbeerdrinker (7) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - DEC 17, 2005 does not count
I really enjoyed this beer. While on a cruise we were in Barbados and discovered Banks. It’s light and is a very easy drinking beer. This beer is very comparable to the Aruban beer Balashi. I’d love to try it again. Does anyone know if it is available here in the United States???