overall
Brewed by Brasserie Lefebvre
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Rebecq-Quenast, Belgium

RATINGS: 931   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Bottled conditioned. Keg: Filtered.
In 1996, the brewery innovates and launches Barbãr, ale with honey.
Born of the ancestral know-how of a family brewery, Barbar beer will please you with its malt taste and subtle flavour of honey. It is brewed using water drawn from artesian wells on the site of the brewery, at Quenast, a small village to the south of Brussels. This area is well-known for the quality and the diversity of its beers.
Barbar beer is prepared from a secret and harmonious mixture of barley malts, hops and honey carefully selected by our Master Brewer. The traditional brewing method, associated with our unique strain of yeast, and the secondary fermentation in the bottle, gives Barbar the authentic flavour of a very special ale.

Delo (1) - Namur, BELGIUM - MAR 29, 2017 does not count
The glass & the 33cl bottles are really classy. The beer tastes really good and you can clearly taste the honey!

Ferris (15001) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 16, 2017
Draft - Sweet bready notes with a touch of processed honey. Cloudy gold with a decent white head. Sweet bready notes, touch of honey and butter.

emincems (90) - - MAR 9, 2017
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2017 bottle. color is very nice, burnt orange. foam stays adequately. honey is dominant taste. sweet finish.

alrick (149) - FRANCE - MAR 4, 2017
Des notes légères de miel et un ensemble asez doux, quoiqu’un peu écoeurant. je lui préfère la barbar bok

surething_ii (281) - Šenkvice, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - MAR 1, 2017
Bottle from Tesco. Awww Belgium. You have so much to offer for beer world. I love most that every beer from Belgium is different, but you can recognize that one line at every single one. Barbar is not one of my favorites though. Voltage is quite visible here, what I’m not really appreciating. I at least want some hope that I can stand more beers tonight!

19Oracolo78 (191) - ITALY - FEB 24, 2017
Birra dal color giallo paglierino.Schiuma bianca e non troppo persistente. All’olfatto leggermente fruttata. Al palato è dolce dove la sua caratteristica principale è il miele che si equilibra con l’aroma del luppolo. L’ alcol è ben camuffato. Birra buona da gustare con dessert e aperitivo.

PlasticSoul (102) - - FEB 20, 2017
33 cl. bottle. It has a clear honey color along with a huge white head (the second pour was a bit hazy because the sediments finally entered into the glass). Very fizzy. Aroma is honey, fruits like pear, apple etc. It smells sweet, quite a dizzy sweetness. I liked it. A complex aroma indeed, it also includes biscuits, sugar candies, and ripe bananas. There are floral notes, too. "A taste of honey, tasting much sweeter than wine." Actually, I am not kidding. I REALLY liked the full taste. It’s mostly sweet but well-balanced with a subtle bitterness and a very light sourness. Savoury. Even though I can feel the alcohol in the taste, it doesn’t bother me that much (it usually does bother me). It is full-bodied, I guess, and its texture is creamy. Carbonation feels average. Finish is long and pleasant. Wow. It’s a bit tiring though. I think this beer is really good. Actually, the best Belgian Strong Ale I’ve ever tried so far -- but I warn you, I’ve tried only five of them until now, including this one (and I HATE Duvel).

MatusBeer (668) - Košice, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - FEB 19, 2017
Bottle. Hazy yellow colour with white head off. Aroma of spicy, honey. Taste of honey, alcohol, spicy, yeasty.

Bosskie (881) - NETHERLANDS - FEB 17, 2017
Clear beer light brown with dark tints, weak head. Smell is sour sweet, quite fruity and nicely citric. Caramel, pineapple, kiwi, exotic, very, interesting. Taste is full and bittersweet, with light sourness. Smooth lightly bitter citric finish. Delicious.

vinivini (2227) - Gomel, BELARUS - FEB 15, 2017
Draught. Honey yellow. Moderate white head. Big malts, apple, pear, spicy yeast on nose. Medium body. Sweetish taste. Malty, fruity, yeasty. Light bitterness. Well-balanced. Good.