RATINGS: 325   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This Golden Sorghum Lager will appeal to beer drinkers who prefer the lighter taste of lagers produced by the major brewers, such as Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and Heineken. This ale has a light crisp taste to meet the thirst quenching requirements of the lager style while still having enough body to interest the ale drinker during the spring and summer seasons. This beer has low bitterness and a subtle but pleasant hop aroma that will gently caress the senses.

tbsween (1) - USA - APR 7, 2008 does not count
I base my rating on the usability of this product which should be focused towards the millions of celiacs whose opinions are the ones that really matter here. I have personally asked many who love this product, especially compared to Redbridge. As a lager compared to other regular gluten-included lagers, I found it remarkably drinkable and savory.

austinpowers (2831) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 16, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2007 I have no idea why this beer has eight words in its name. The "interview" with the beer’s creator on the side of the six pack was idiotic and gave me the impression that this was not a serious craft brew because it only said one thing about the beer (it’s sorghum, not barley!) and instead yammered on about how the guy lived in Hawaii and thought the dragon name was cool and funny. OK. Now to the beer. I really enjoyed the brew’s noticeably different flavor. These guys hit the nail on the head in brewing a beer that is to my taste. Light hop aroma, very little hop flavor. Lightly sweet lager but with enough body you’d think it could be an ale. Most of all, the substitution of sorghum for barley is nothing short of shocking. I’ve never, ever seen a US brewer use sorghum (someone correct me if I’m wrong). That stuff gives a slightly wheaty flavor that’s noticeably sweet and light with some straw flavors. Utterly delicious, and lightly carbonated, too. If those are traits you like in a beer, then Bard’s Tale Beer is for you. Note to Brewer: a name modification (Dragon’s Lair Lager?) and a blurb on the sixpack that indicates the seriousnees with which you apparently DID take this beer will probably help sales. Best of luck to you! It’s magnificent.

Lappy (33) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - FEB 2, 2017
This is a great everyday drinking and very sessional beer. I am not a coeliac or gluten intolerant but choose to drink this as a great refreshing lager style beer. It could quite easily be a main stream beer for the masses. No doubt all of the beer geeks will not like it but this covers all bases for a great majority of people. Take a 6pk to the barbie and you will not be disappointed.

BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Pours a light golden with a large frothy white head. The head rapidly diminished. Taste is slightly coffee bitter with a nice balance of caramel, roasted malt and sorghum. I thought the label was tacky so I was surprised what a great beer this is. Yes, I know, Don’t rate a beer by its cover.

hawkeye720 (3) - Wheat Ridge, Colorado, UNITED STATES VIRGIN ISLANDS - APR 17, 2008 does not count
This beer is very cleen and smooth with a hint of carmel. one of the smoothiest lagers I’ve tasted thus far. Would be very enjoyable on a hot summer day.

Cybercat (6142) - Georgia, USA - AUG 20, 2011
Pours a clear bubbly dark honey golden, almost coppery. Aroma is crisp, malty and a little fruity - you would hardly know this is a sorghum beer. Crisp flavor is mainly malty and lagerish, with a hint of hops and a firm apple cider tone. Sharp, fizzy, lively texture makes this a delight to drink. Can’t have gluten? You can still have good beer!

jcc212 (2) - denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 10, 2015 does not count
Drink very cold. This has a wonderful crisp taste and mouth feel. Nice and light. Great for a thirst quencher. I am normally a heavy stout or porter drinker and I loved this one.

gws57 (1276) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2007
Thanks <a href = "http://www.ratebeer.com/ViewUser.asp?UserID= Had this one bottled in North Aurora, Illinois. For my first sorghum brew, I was very impressed. Nice, dark yellow pour with a minimal head. Molassas and mild fruitiness, maybe some strawberries and rye bread. Pretty good, and very drinkable!