RATINGS: 330   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This Golden Sorghum Lager will appeal to beer drinkers who prefer the lighter taste of lagers produced by the major brewers, such as Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and Heineken. This ale has a light crisp taste to meet the thirst quenching requirements of the lager style while still having enough body to interest the ale drinker during the spring and summer seasons. This beer has low bitterness and a subtle but pleasant hop aroma that will gently caress the senses.

0.8
redgold07 (308) - Irving, Texas, USA - JUL 27, 2008
Pours a nice bronze color with very little white head. Smell is sour. Flavor is very sour and tastes like it has gone bad. REALLY BAD. Maybe I got a bad bottle. It says it was bottled in February though... weird. Yuk. 12 oz. bottle.

Homebrewerguy (306) - Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 15, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 16, 2007 My first sorghum beer. The bottle says it was brewed on 7/25/06.. So this is what they’re drinking in China...the poor saps. Sorghum certainly ain’t barley and the difference is in the beer. Still I could understand a cult following for the sharp taste of sorghum. Not me though.

YigSvartka (304) - Manitoba, CANADA - DEC 23, 2015
My first GF beer. How exhilirating! Transparent copper gold hue. Mild, but pleasant grain, caramel, honey, and malt forward aroma. Light bodied. Unfortunately the taste does not correspond with the scent at all. Extremely timid grain flavour with absolutely no caramel or honey that I detected in the aroma. Only worth consuming ice cold with large gulps.

BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Pours a light golden with a large frothy white head. The head rapidly diminished. Taste is slightly coffee bitter with a nice balance of caramel, roasted malt and sorghum. I thought the label was tacky so I was surprised what a great beer this is. Yes, I know, Don’t rate a beer by its cover.

whitecap (289) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 8, 2012
bottle. "Bard*s". clear yellow with a small white head. aroma of grain. some, hay and caramel and of course sorgham. not bad. one of the better sorgham beers I’ve had.

lumpsowers (287) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 24, 2009
Light copper pour, light head and lace. Sour grainy aroma. (Drunk at this point…) Rumple straw (?) is the dominate flavor, tastes like a real beer. A bit beery for my tastes (?). Some bad bitter aftertaste.

dionysian_son (277) - Colorado, USA - JUL 13, 2011
Pours a pale gold with hints of brown. Head is thin with no lace and disperses immediately. Nose is thin with slight tart notes. Thin on the tongue, almost like a light American lager. Smooth and watery with minimal hop and some thin light roasted malt moving into a tangy, soapy finish with subtle cane sugar. Not that interesting.

noelcb (271) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - JUL 28, 2005
Mounds of rocky white foam rocketed from the bottle as soon as it was opened, kept coming, meaning you’d better use a 24-oz. glass. I lost half the damn bottle. Big rocky head took forever to recede leaving really big lacing. My appearance rating reflects that it had a great long-lived head BUT it just was too much of a good thing. Getting beer everywhere before you even get a sip detracts from the beer experience. I want my over-priced craft beers IN me not ON me! Beer was mostly clear brass color. Aroma was metallic, rusty, with hops, fruit esters and alcohol. Taste was tangy sour fruit, apple and citrus, with an herbal character. Quite sweet, some malt but definitely light on taste, the tiniest hop hit in the finish. The brewers description is reght on -- this is pretty a micro version of macro lager. A bit thin but very fizzy. If you’re a Bud drinker who is gluten-intolerant, or a sorghum farmer, you’ll like it.

steelhead3686 (270) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 28, 2014
Pours a clear gold with a medium white head. You can tell this is a specialty beer as it has a special aroma of cheese and almost musty or moldy. Light to medium sweet. Light body with a somewhat sticky (but mostly) thin texture and a slight sweet finish.

hoppopotamus (260) - Santa Cruz, California, USA - JAN 21, 2009
A brown beer with minimal head. The smell is fairly disgusting. Skunky, sickly sweet, perhaps a tad of caramel malt, but just gross. I think it might have gone skunky, but there is nothing at all redeeming. The taste is slightly less terrible, some spicy hops jump out from more of the same aforementioned atrocities against zymurgy as the aroma contains. I have a friend who is allergic to gluten, and that must suck. But it cannot suck nearly as much as drinking this horrible crap.