RATINGS: 325   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This Golden Sorghum Lager will appeal to beer drinkers who prefer the lighter taste of lagers produced by the major brewers, such as Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and Heineken. This ale has a light crisp taste to meet the thirst quenching requirements of the lager style while still having enough body to interest the ale drinker during the spring and summer seasons. This beer has low bitterness and a subtle but pleasant hop aroma that will gently caress the senses.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Pours a light golden with a large frothy white head. The head rapidly diminished. Taste is slightly coffee bitter with a nice balance of caramel, roasted malt and sorghum. I thought the label was tacky so I was surprised what a great beer this is. Yes, I know, Don’t rate a beer by its cover.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
whitecap (289) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 8, 2012
bottle. "Bard*s". clear yellow with a small white head. aroma of grain. some, hay and caramel and of course sorgham. not bad. one of the better sorgham beers Iíve had.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
lumpsowers (287) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 24, 2009
Light copper pour, light head and lace. Sour grainy aroma. (Drunk at this pointÖ) Rumple straw (?) is the dominate flavor, tastes like a real beer. A bit beery for my tastes (?). Some bad bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dionysian_son (277) - Colorado, USA - JUL 13, 2011
Pours a pale gold with hints of brown. Head is thin with no lace and disperses immediately. Nose is thin with slight tart notes. Thin on the tongue, almost like a light American lager. Smooth and watery with minimal hop and some thin light roasted malt moving into a tangy, soapy finish with subtle cane sugar. Not that interesting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
noelcb (271) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - JUL 28, 2005
Mounds of rocky white foam rocketed from the bottle as soon as it was opened, kept coming, meaning youíd better use a 24-oz. glass. I lost half the damn bottle. Big rocky head took forever to recede leaving really big lacing. My appearance rating reflects that it had a great long-lived head BUT it just was too much of a good thing. Getting beer everywhere before you even get a sip detracts from the beer experience. I want my over-priced craft beers IN me not ON me! Beer was mostly clear brass color. Aroma was metallic, rusty, with hops, fruit esters and alcohol. Taste was tangy sour fruit, apple and citrus, with an herbal character. Quite sweet, some malt but definitely light on taste, the tiniest hop hit in the finish. The brewers description is reght on -- this is pretty a micro version of macro lager. A bit thin but very fizzy. If youíre a Bud drinker who is gluten-intolerant, or a sorghum farmer, youíll like it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
17Beer (265) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 28, 2016
Sour scents of grain and leather. Pours gold with off white head some lacing. Tastes are crisp with growing sourness over time. Short finish light carbonation. Interesting if you want something different.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
steelhead3686 (263) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 28, 2014
Pours a clear gold with a medium white head. You can tell this is a specialty beer as it has a special aroma of cheese and almost musty or moldy. Light to medium sweet. Light body with a somewhat sticky (but mostly) thin texture and a slight sweet finish.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hoppopotamus (260) - Santa Cruz, California, USA - JAN 21, 2009
A brown beer with minimal head. The smell is fairly disgusting. Skunky, sickly sweet, perhaps a tad of caramel malt, but just gross. I think it might have gone skunky, but there is nothing at all redeeming. The taste is slightly less terrible, some spicy hops jump out from more of the same aforementioned atrocities against zymurgy as the aroma contains. I have a friend who is allergic to gluten, and that must suck. But it cannot suck nearly as much as drinking this horrible crap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mcnealc31 (255) - Elida, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2011
The color is nice, there isnít much head, but the smell isnít giving me a lot of promise. The flavor is...not especially pleasant. I canít even figure out how to describe it. I knew not to expect anything like other light amber ales, but all I am getting is what I assume is the sorghum. No other kind of hops or nuances. I really wanted to like this beer, but I just donít. I think making an IPA out of this and masking the flavor the malt would be a good direction. I donít think itís badly brewed, I just think I donít dig on sorghum. Unfortunate.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerheart (237) - Erie, Colorado, USA - OCT 21, 2007
Poured a deep amber with a fading off-white head. The sorghum gives a gentle spiciness. It hinted off nutmeg to me. This was a bit skunky. I actually liked the New Grist better.