overall
RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
If not for the high IBU's, SuperHOP would fit right into the IPA category. Hopped four separate times with pure Centennial hops for one of the hoppiest brews around.
Formerly known as Barley Creek SuperHOP

pjk33's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 17, 2007
Bottle. Ok, I just received one of the coolest things ever in my ups today... I get home and there is a box from Jim Koch of the Boston Beer Company and inside it are 2 special glasses that Jim has been working on for a while. He wanted to have a specialty glass for hoppy and malty beers like his Boston Lager and, since I subscribe to the magazine All About Beer, he sends me two of these new pint glasses....free...gratis... no charge.... you get the picture. How cool is he? Anyway, I would have liked to bust the cherry of this glass with a nice Sam Adams Boston Lager (not the light... it sucks... Sorry Jim!) but I have none, so I decide to try this Rescue IPA that my brother Rick gave me. I have to tell you, I am impressed with the glass and the beer. The beer is a nice amber color and it laces nicely on this glass. The glass is sort of a pilsner and a goblet built together. Nice hoppy aroma, sort of flowery with a roasty nice malty smell. Flavor is immediate slight malt and then the tongue is hit hard by some really bitter hop bite. I like it, but my tongue continues to grow fur as the pint empties... decent mouthfeel and body and a strong heavy carbonation. I like the beer and I love the glass!

ben4321 (6676) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUL 19, 2016
Draft at the brewery, 7/4/16. Murky amber-orange. Okay hop aroma with some fruit, grass, and malts. Not particularly good, but okay. Pretty much like any uninspired, mediocre brewpub IPA out there.

HondaRider83 (2) - New York, USA - MAY 9, 2016 does not count
Great aroma...perfect IPA taste but still smooth that people who might shy away from an IPA should give it a try ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

closey22 (2032) - Mt. Laurel, New Jersey, USA - MAR 19, 2016
Cloudy deep Amber thin foamy Lacy beige head; aroma is floral hoppy; flava is hops notes of flowers and tea; feels light to medium decent fizz; finishes very dry bitter like tea

katrinaez (2177) - norristown, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 12, 2015
Very basic. Light hops. Slight water. Aroma is low. Deep amber color. Easy to mix with all the standard ipa stuff or there. Not bad, nor great. Just ok.

Art (3219) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2015
Cloudy yellow orange pour. White head. Aromas of grapefruit and pine. Overly bitter but nothing terrible.

klk343 (162) - - FEB 11, 2015
Medium to dark brown. Moderate lacing. Heavy for an ipa. Lots of pine. Sweet, yeasts scent. Slightly burnt flavors

Dacrza (1024) - Great Meadows, New Jersey, USA - JUN 27, 2014
THIS IS NOT SUPERHOP! THIS IS THE RESCUE IPA: June 19, 2014... GLASSWARE: Hop Devil nonick... OCCASION: return from Knoebel’s to enjoy a growler from Father’s Day...APPEARANCE: dark amber body, reasonably opaque; almost no effervescence; head simmers to an off-white rocky half-finger before flatlining... AROMA: nicely aromatic,, slightly citric--lilacs and grapefruit, in order of effect; tangerine too? soft overall... PALATE: medium to full-bodied, drinkable but also impactful--lingering aftertaste and fizzing on the tongue/teeth; is it sessionable? yes... TASTE: strong spruce and pinecone--this aggressively fills the IPA bill--alts are subtly sweet and offer little overall balance... OVERALLL: solid, not spectacular, and enjoyable--a good approximation of the style, with few notes that offend or frustrate; definitely a good price ($9) for a fresh growler....

kramer (6682) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 19, 2013
Tap. Pours a clear copper body with a small wispy off-white head that faded to a thin ring. The nose is citrusy hops with a fairly hefty caramel malt base. The flavor is a little too sweet for my tastes, either that or they just didn’t hop this enough. There’s some lightly bitter citrusy hops, that do linger a bit on the finish, but they don’t exactly make an impression. Lighter bodied with soft fizzy carbonation, a little cling to the finish. Somewhere between middle of the road and below average on this one.

jsmerig (1663) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Found a bottle in a box during a move. Circa 2004-2005. Pours a rich brown with thick tan head. Darker than expected. Aroma is very little hop but much malt. Most likely due to the short shelf life of hop aroma and flavor in beer. Taste is almost of a barley wine, but a weak one. It’s really not fair to rate this beer on a six year old bottle. So I’ll give it my average rating.

DiarmaidBHK (5671) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2011
Pours amber with a small head. Nose has notes of pine sol which are less pronounced on the tongue. The taste lingers longer than I thought it would. Not bad by most standards but it’s a bit of a dissapointment that this is the best thing I’ve had here.