overall
RATINGS: 2101   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Available filtered in bottles, cans, and kegs.
Versions of Bass brewed in the UK for export at 5%-5.2%, as well as a US-brewed version for the North American market at 5%.
Brewed from the late 70s at Burton. In 2000, after Interbrew bought the Bass brand, production was switched to the Ulster brewery in Northern Ireland. In 2003 production and distribution was switched to Latrobe for a 12-18 period after which it reverted to the UK, latterly at InBev’s Samlesbury brewery. As of 2012, the US version was being produced at A-B InBev’s Baldwinsville brewery.

RicktheBassAleDrinker99 (6) - USA - DEC 19, 2001 does not count
By far the best beer I have ever tasted. It is a dream to one day visit Burton, and have a few pints at the brewery. I have no problem paying a little more for this import. Bass Ale is all I drink and I suggest every man, woman and child, over 21 of cource, try one as well. On second thoughts, don't I'd hate for the supply to run low..

ribrewmaster99 (11) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 27, 2001
Quite simply the best mass produced beer on Earth. Crisp and clean with a wonderful fruity malt finish. Its copper color is perfect. It is a classic example of a true English Pale Ale, and quite simply heaven in a bottle. Slightly better on tap, and at about 50 degrees.

captspastic (21) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 20, 2002
This is my overall favorite beer of choice. Bass Ale to me has the perfect combination of flavors. It's pronounced without being overbearing, flavorful without knocking your taste buds over. A beer that is the top of my list always, and my first choice whenever I order.

odelay (37) - fuquay-varina, North Carolina, USA - SEP 26, 2002
when you're at a bar, have this on tap! mmmmmmmmmm. i'm not saying anymore. you've all had bass i'm sure. my fav. pale.

UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 19, 2002
I can't believe I didn't rate this yet. 300 something ratings and i forgot Bass. Well, this is one of the all time great beers of the world, andas long as Coors doesn't completely meddle with Bass' recipe and brewing habits, it should remain one of the all time beers. Rating is based on many many pints of pre-coors Bass. One of my comfort foods.

AleMasterC (1) - USA - AUG 1, 2004 does not count
The classic ale, a beer to which all over beers should be compared. One of the best beers in the world. If a bar or pub doesn’t carry it, quickly ask for a coke and leave promptly. A beer with a history behind it, featured in a painting by Manet. Doesn’t have a strong after taste found in too many micro brew. A staple.

spinoza (6) - Rhineland-Palatinate, GERMANY - SEP 22, 2011 does not count
Excellent beer, one of my favorites. A wonderful pale ale! It is also the perfect beer for making a black and tan!