overall
Brewed by Batemans
Style: English Strong Ale
Wainfleet, England

RATINGS: 183   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bottle and keg: Filtered.
A fresh coffee and chocolate experience brewed with genuine arabica coffee, fine Belgian chocolate and locally grown roasted malt.

Grumbo (4293) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - OCT 22, 2017
Bottle from Batemans Brewery shop. Backlog rating from bottle collection and historic scoring. No tasting notes kept, just rating.

BierBobCat (22) - - OCT 12, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2017 Source: Bottle - Sainsburys (Did not chill - drank at room temperature) Expectations: chocolate / coffee Were expectations met: Exceeded Findings: It is smooth, velvety, chocolatey, vanilla / caramelly with toasted malt buiscuity after flavours - well nice! Its is very much like a Stout or Porter ! Would I drink it again: Yes Notes: I drank this at room temperature - as it says on the label.

Davros IX (579) - Hertford, Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - APR 27, 2017
Bottle at home. A strong aroma of coffee on opening the bottle and a nice head I the tankard. Very strong flavour of coffee and an intense sweet flavour of chocolate. I was surprised that this was a dark bitter and not a porter or stout, but there was no real flavour of beer and the whole thing wasn’t really integrated for my tastes. A worthy experiment, but not one I particularly enjoyed due to the sweetness.