%>

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 3.26/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Brewed with two row barley, select dark roast malts, American hops and our special pepper blend.

Most RecentTicked By

beer_rookie (635) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 30, 2016
Short, squatty bottle. No date on bottle. Plain black bottle cap.

Pours a dark ruby red/dark brown/black color. A very light tan head. No retention, no lacing. Looks like cherry cola.

Aroma is surprisingly spicy. Pretty hefty aroma of roasted chilli peppers, probably chipotle. A little coffee, but that’s about all. Anything else is covered up by spicy chillies.

Taste is surprisingly not spicy. It’s somewhat of a let down. Yes, there’s a little spice, but not much. On a scale of 10, I would give level of 2.5 for spiciness. I noted there’s no date on bottle, that could be a factor. But other than that, I can’t taste much. I taste some coffee. There’s some bitterness to it. There’s a little smokiness in it. The "spicy" flavor is distracting.

Mouthfeel is watery. Medium body. Pretty smooth. I think I can taste the alcohol. I have slightly chapped lips, so I feel a little burn on my lips, but that’s about it. Okay, there’s a touch of burn on the roof of my mouth, but it’s not to be considered ’hot’ or ’spicy’ or ’fiery.’

Overall, I have a theory. A bad porter is made better, by adding chilli peppers to it. The beer as is, is not terrible. It could be made better, by adding more spiciness to it. It’s decent. I probably wouldn’t buy it again, but could suggest it to someone not sure about trying it.

kevinator (2591) - The Colony, Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2014
Spicy little beer. Aroma of roasted chilies. Nice dark brown color with a good head. Medium palate with solid carbination. Roasted chilies with a mild spiciness that was complemented well by the dark roasted malt flavors and a slightly hoppy finish.

drowland (8939) - Georgia, USA - AUG 6, 2014
8/6/14. 22oz bottle thanks to Brent! Dark pour, I wouldn’t call it insanely black, under a huge brown head that wants to stick around. Definitely pepper on the aroma, surprisingly spicy, and definitely savory - roasted peppers, I’m guessing. The pepper jumps but there are also some coffee and biscuity notes. More roast, coffee, and chocolate hits in the flavor, but the pepper is definitely there again, spicy, savory, almost salty in a way. Surprisingly spicy. Not bad, though!

djd07 (15341) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 3, 2014
Bottle thanks to Rick. Pours a dark brown with no head. The aroma is strong pepper, chili, and spice. Thin mouthfeel with light roast with lingering heat coming out. Good.

Pailhead (6543) - Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA - NOV 30, 2013
Courtesy of northernbrews

Bottle: The aroma consists of moderate chocolate and chilli peppers. It smells like there’s going to be some burn in the flavor. It pours a dark brown with no transparency and a one finger beige head that fades to a thin ring around the edges of the glass. The flavor starts with a quick dose of chocolate. The finish has moderate chilli peppers with a hint of roast. It’s medium bodied with light-moderate carbonation. Overall, I like this kind of spice in food...not so much in a drink.

Roonai (305) - - OCT 10, 2013
pours black w cream head. nose is fresh green bell and spicey serrano-like heat. clean but makes me scared for the burn to come. taste is way smoother than i feared. very yummy but pungent peppers- like jalapeno chips. steady heat but nothing undrinkable

deyholla (12021) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 10, 2013
Bottle. Pours black with a dark brown head that dissipates to the edges. Aroma has lots of peppers with a bit of heat and underlying dark grains and a touch roasted malt. Flavor is dominated by peppers that grow in heat and are cut slightly by hints of dark grains and roasted malts but mainly peppers.