overall
Special Strong Beer

blackisle's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
blackisle (2815) - Amsterdam IJburg, - MAR 1, 2014
Can 50 cl. Clear golden, small fluffy white head, settles down quickly, good lacing; sweet malty toasted nose, corn, grass, caramel, fruit syrup, some card board, alcohol; very sweet taste, hint of bitterness, toasted, alcoholic; heavy-bodied, creamey texture; bittersweet and alcoholic finish.

squzzi (49) - Wijchen, NETHERLANDS - NOV 11, 2017
Zoet, zoeter, zoetst. Bahbah. Nee doe maar niet. Goudoranje kleur met goede schuimkraag. Alleen maar zoete tonen. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Inoven (935) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - OCT 25, 2017
Blik gekocht in de plaatselijke supermarkt en thuis gedronken. Geel oranje-achtig helder bier, flink schuimend tijdens inschenken maar het schuim zakt vrij vlot weer weg. Aroma is iets moutig. Smaak is zoet, hoppig, kruidig en fruitig. Weinig nasmaak. Het bier is te zoet om lekker te zijn.

ruigo (3080) - PORTUGAL - JUL 24, 2017
50cl can. Clear dark golden with a medium off-white head. Malty, honey and grainy.

skortila (5987) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - JUL 16, 2017
Canned. 25cl sample. The aroma has grain and alcohol. Clear, golden coloured beer with a medium sized white head. The taste is sweet, grainy and has alcohol. Not that bad. I expected worse.

CyborgX (127) - THAILAND - JUN 20, 2017
Can - With the name EXTREME, you know what u r in for when drinking this stuff! More intense, slightly darker than their Original, this needs to be sipped more than gulped. I've had them both before, and last time I favored the Original. This time I enjoyed the stronger malty taste of Extreme (with a slightly funky finish which I don't like), but I'm sure by the end of it, I'll be looking for an Original rather than a second Extreme ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

paulvanpelt (660) - Reusel, NETHERLANDS - JUN 17, 2017
Uit blik gedronken. Zoet en alcoholisch. Mout en rietsuiker. Vlak en waterig, alcohol overheerst teveel.

huineman (730) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 14, 2017
50 cl can served in red wine glass. Pours bright and clean dark golden to copper-hued. Good-lacing, long-lasting, off-white, head. Aroma is strong: biscuits, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, Seville oranges, nutmeg. Strong flavour (but balanced by the freshness, so it is not aggressive), quite sweetish (but the sheer bitterness, once more balances the equation). I am actually quite surprised that what looked as some cheap, half-poisonous, malt liquor has turned out to be a decent imperial pilsner. Never judge a book by its cover.

1.3
DuffMan (10665) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 3, 2017
Can. The following is a compilation of a dozen peoples’ thoughts who shared this brew with me at my first (and perhaps last?) Malt Liquor Dexterity Games Tournament to celebrate my birthday. Keeping in mind that most of the participants are not regular beer raters, here we go: the Dutch have mad skills at brewing shitty beer wow, honey gold, sweet corn syrup and fumes of alcohol, a little metal, the best of the Dutch atrocities, I remembered to finish strong, malty sugary, not as bad as most, worse than a Dutch oven ok maybe not, does Bavaria have vampires because I taste blood.

Rubin77 (2586) - Brussels / Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - FEB 27, 2017
F: huge, creamy, light off-white with some bigger bubbles. C: deep gold, clear. A: malt, higher alcohols, apples, honey, boozy. T: malt, apples, higher alcohols, boozy, honey, sugary, fruity, medium body, low to medium carbonation, light oily texture, the purpose of this stuff is much worse than aroma and taste, 0,5l can from AH supermarket in Antwerpen.

Gangstergafje (1274) - Capelle aan den IJssel, NETHERLANDS - FEB 4, 2017
The beer looks very good. It has a true pilsener appearance. It is crystal clear and a lot of bubbles can be seen rising towards the top. On top of the beer a nice layer of soft white foam is formed, with quite good retention. The color of the beer is golden yellow, darker than most pilseners, which are quite pale. The smell of the beer is nice. It is quite rich for a simple beer like this. It isn’t my favourite and of beer though. The alcohol is a bit to strong, it becomes unbalanced. I smell strong alcohol, strong malts and some yeast touches. I hardly smell any hop. There is a familiar touch to the smell. I don’t really know what it is. It reminds me of some Belgian blondes. There might be a touch of red fruits. I like the smell. The taste is pretty much the same. Strong alcohol flavour and sweetness, malty sweetness tiny hint of maybe liquorice and red fruits. It is nice, but a tiny bit to alcohol. The palate is not bad. Quite light carbonation, medium body and quite smooth. The finish is nice. Not extremely long, but flavourful. Not a bad beer.