overall
RATINGS: 834   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
This original Leipzig beer specialty lends us the name for our brewery. Gose is a regional beer specialty that was brought to Saxony-Anhalt in the year 1738. Originally Gose comes from Goslar, a small town in Lower Saxony, and the river “Gose” in this town. This beer specialty has a refreshing, slightly sour taste and is ideal for quenching your thirst. Gose is brewed with the additional ingredients lactic acid, cilantro, and salt. Gose is a top-fermented beer with 4,5 Vol. % alcohol and 10,8 % wort. You can enjoy it in different variations.

SinH4 (6257) - Garching b. M�nchen, GERMANY - MAR 10, 2017
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2017 Bottle. Hazy orange color with white head. Aroma is coriander, salty, wheat, bready, lemon. Taste is coriander, peach, salty, wheaty, lemony, bready. Silky mouthfeel. Refreshing, but still not light-bodied. Good!

imdownthepub (15330) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - MAR 5, 2017
Bottled, 330ml sought out by the irrepressible Beer Hunter that is harrisoni at The Lamb & Flag, Oxford along with Fin, Loz, jjsint and John. Hazed lemon gold with white head. This is a style that I have always struggled with, so I closed my eyes and hoped for the best on first sip and my word, this changes everything for me about Gose, hence the ’Saxony Dance’. Fresh, lemony, lightly herby with only the lightest sprinkling of salt for me. I’m going to throw in a zesty here. Lovely beer, my eyes have been opened.

jjsint (3492) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - MAR 4, 2017
Bottle from the Lamb & Flag, Oxford. Dark gold and well-carbonated. Slight lemony smell with some funk. Tart taste dominated by the salt, with a sharp lime and stone fruit candy aftertaste. This is lovely, lovely, lovely.

harrisoni (19318) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - MAR 4, 2017
Bottle at Lamb & Flag Oxford. Slight haze gold. Lasting white head. Perfumed herby. Some salt on the flavour. Salty and herby but rest is lovely. Now that is a lovely drinkable lemon citrus Really good. Best gose i had it Loved the Glen Saxony dance. .

LittleWolf (12) - Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA - JAN 3, 2017
Very restrained in all respects but extremely well balanced, refreshing and moreish. I was expecting more of everything (sourness, saltiness and coriander) so my first taste was a little disappointing, but as I drank through the bottle, I realised that it was actually just extremely well balanced and restrained. What I should have expected from a classic German beer.

60minuteman (1765) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 2, 2017
Bottle from Beer Store. Cloudy orange without head or lace. A mere malt and caramel note in the nose. Well made gose that’s a little sour, sweet and salty. Harmeless but very drinkable.

abdiorio (43) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 2, 2017
You can smell the coriander and sour. The salty sour taste is light for a Gose. Very standard for this type of beer.

bobblackcoffee (59) - - DEC 27, 2016
Privileged to taste this in the brewery in Leipzig. It’s a tasty and extremely moreish mild sour. I was expecting more sourness and to be honest I couldn’t taste coriander and hardly any saltiness at all. My partner was able to taste the salt more. We both enjoyed it a lot. Extremely thirst-quenching, fresh and moreish! An interesting beer for Germany. Much prefer Belgian lambics though.

MarcoDL (5380) - NETHERLANDS - DEC 10, 2016
Bottle at tasting. Aroma of mild tart, coriander and malt. Soft taste of tart, mild salt, some sourness and coriander. Subtle and drinkable.

17Beer (415) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 4, 2016
Wheat smells with some light grassy notes. Pours a pale gold, hazy with lots of bubbles. A white frothy head that dissipates quickly. The taste has salt and sweet/sour finish. I can’t find the coriander but it is a great combination of unlikely tastes and very drinkable. Fizzy with medium carbonation. Really nice style.