overall
RATINGS: 833   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
This original Leipzig beer specialty lends us the name for our brewery. Gose is a regional beer specialty that was brought to Saxony-Anhalt in the year 1738. Originally Gose comes from Goslar, a small town in Lower Saxony, and the river “Gose” in this town. This beer specialty has a refreshing, slightly sour taste and is ideal for quenching your thirst. Gose is brewed with the additional ingredients lactic acid, cilantro, and salt. Gose is a top-fermented beer with 4,5 Vol. % alcohol and 10,8 % wort. You can enjoy it in different variations.

moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2008
bottle shared by the_Captain with the other Devonshire bros. I didn’t know what to think going into this one and I have to say I liked it. Looked like a wheat beer and tasted like a sour. My only real complaint was that the salt in the taste was a little too over the top. Nice ale. Thanks Mark!!!

afireinside96 (923) - Mountville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 5, 2009 Bottle shared by The Captain. Thanks Mark. Hazy golden pour with a large white head. Smells very much of coriander and some wheat. Taste is wheat, coriander, salt, slightly tart. Better than expected. RERATE: Had this on tap in Philly at Brauhaus Schmitz and it was much better than from a bottle. It was more like I would imagine what a lambic would taste like if brewed in Germany. Not nearly as much salt character and slightly sour and funky. I’ll probably never see it on draft agian but I wouldn’t hesitate to have it that way again.

BeerGestapo (754) - Mt.Joy, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2008
(Gremany) The Devonshire Knights had a little mini tasting last night.... :) Courtesy of the_Capt, thanks Mark. This ale pours a hazy yellow color with a dissipating white head. The aroma is sweet, spicy, and has some herbal notes !!! The taste is tart with some lemon flavor. The finish was salty and you need to drink more to get rid of the salt. (LOL) This was a very interesting brew, If you want to try something different give this a try.

Maverick34 (3313) - New York, USA - JUN 28, 2008
Bottled. Wow, very interesting. Pourd a darkish yellow/orange. SOme raspeberryish taste I thought? coriander and citrus - surprising beer.

kwoeltje (2233) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - JUN 25, 2008
(small bottle) pale gold with large white head. Fruity wheat aroma. Flavor is fruity, somewhat sour/acidic, with some wheat and spice. Not quite the same as a Belgian Gueze, but similar.

Imaena (2328) - Maputo, MOZAMBIQUE - JUN 14, 2008
Draught. Novare Res. Portland ME. Full pint pour hazy with weak head retention. spicy and sour. My friend christina who is not a big beer drinker thought it tasted of chicken soup. Odd as she is a vegetarian. Don’t order this for your friends if they want a regular brew.

Crafty07 (404) - Florence, Kentucky, USA - MAY 13, 2008
Poured from a 16.9 oz bottle, this cloudy pour was my first Gose and I was slightly disappointed that I couldn’t detect the salt that is lists in its ingredients. Coriander and citrus are more noticable as is a slightly skunky nose but a very refreshing beer that I will try again.

BlackDonald (1126) - Gulf Shores, Alabama, USA - MAY 5, 2008
Pretty prominent nose of coriander, but not nearly as salty on the palate as I expected it to be, not having had much experience with this style. Pretty high in acid though, the lemon fruitiness is also quite prominent. I just think that it excludes everything else on the palate, not very drinkable to me.

00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - MAY 3, 2008
an interesting beer to say the least/ pours out a orangish yellow color with a smaller head. Aroma is full of wheat and corriander. The flavor was the same with a touch of saltiness at the end. had i not known the salt was there i prob. would not have been able to detect it, but i was trying hard to find it. Over all a refreshing beer that i will drink again.

CanIHave4Beers (4207) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - APR 24, 2008
I found notes from tasting this at a bar quite some time back. I quite liked this beer and hope to drink it again soon! There were lots of chunks, and the beer was very bubbly. The aroma reminded me quite a bit of Pilsner. Taste was refreshing (again like a pilsner, per my notes) Lemon & spice flavors, with a tart but still malty flavor.