overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1075   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available in nitro cans and nitro kegs.
Production moved to the former Murphys brewery on closure of the Beamish & Crawford brewery in 2009.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAR 5, 2002
Very creamy,nice head. Similar to Guinness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dogbrick (12233) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 3, 2002
This is pretty much a carbon copy of the canned Guinness, so it has all the same strenghts and weaknesses. I would always choose a draught over a can but this is great for home use. That widget definitely has a Pavlovian effect on me. I salivate now whenever I hear it. If Budweiser ever figures that out I am in trouble.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Beertender99 (10) - Granite City, Illinois, USA - MAR 3, 2002
Im not much on stouts that offer as much aftertaste as this. It isnt bad, but Ive had better. :)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2002
Very nice Stout, a little on the Guinness tasting side.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2002
OK, we all know that nitrod stouts look great. Beyond that, what do they offer? Not much in my estimation. Absolutely NO aroma other than metal on this puppy. Thick creamy head (duh) and a black, opaque body. Watery up front; nutty in the middle; finishes with a roasted nut flavor and fairly bitter. Thin and generally bland. Nothing to write home about and I wont be going out of my way to find this. I wont even drink it again if it IS in my way.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
MOboy (504) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - FEB 24, 2002
Is everyone here fucking nuts?! If you are drinking this from a can, it is neither a great stout or even a decent stout. The flavor is weak and thin along with the body. This is completely a cardboard cut out of a good stout. Sure it looks great but hell does that matter when it tastes like roasted water? This is not what a stout should taste like. Even Guinness from a can is terrible. Aurther Guiness would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew what they were doing to Irish stout by putting a nitrogen widget in them. Nitrogen=thin, bland beer with beautiful creamy bland head. Ill pass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beloved Beer (278) - California, USA - FEB 23, 2002
The best thing from a can I have ever had. Great flavor which was completely unexpected. Much better than guiness from a can. I hope someday I can find this stuff on tap.

pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - FEB 20, 2002
I cant tell this one from Guinness I like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - FEB 19, 2002
I find very little separates the likes of Beamish and Murphys from Guinness and will drink all 3 interchangeably. Served from the nitro-taps the looks are outstanding. Easy drinking on the palate with a roasted maybe even smoke flavor with slight nutty and chocolaty tones in the finish. Not over-dominanant and pretty easy drinking. I could easily spend a night with this one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Very good stout that I may have rated higher in earlier years when I was more into Stout. First had this beer when I was in Dublin and later found it to be Samuel Becketts favorite in his lifetime.