overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Low Alcohol
Bremen, Germany

RATINGS: 186   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 69   ABV: 2.3%
Only 64 calories. Less than any other beer as of June, 2005.

turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - SEP 24, 2005
Another green bottle!
Poured yellow with no head. Skunky corn aroma and flaver with watery body.

alexaversa (1) - Parkville, Maryland, USA - SEP 21, 2005 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 20, 2005 Ok, I know. It’s a little watery, but guess what? If you are on a low alchohol diet, as I am, and hate the artificial sweetners in most near beers, then this is the beer for you. One little perk is that you can actually find this stuff in bars. It’s got a little more than half the alcohol of a regular domestic light beer, which means you can pound these little babies like you were in college and still drive home from the bar. Yes! If your wife always yelled at you when you drank 12 beers and drove. Well, welcome to freedom my friend! You drink 12 of these little babies and you have only had a little over a 6 pack! You can even show her a good time when you get home! The states have always had terrible low alchohol brews and this little puppy is about the best one I have had. Here is to no hangover, but plenty of BUZZ!! Thank you Becks for the alternative low alcohol brew. thank you, thank you, thank you. Oh and if you drink regular beer and like trashing low alcohol brews, take a hike and come back after your liver has failed and you have to drink this stuff!!

quarterUltra (12) - Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 16, 2005
For a light beer, this is the best one I’ve tasted, but maybe that’s because it tastes like nothing. I knocked back four at a tailgate and felt nothing. Seeing that it has less alcohol than the average macrobrew in Oklahoma. I don’t think I’ll bother seeking it out any longer unless I’m on a diet.

SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 10, 2005
So I was at this surprisingly good liquor store and they had this gal that was giveing away samples of becks this, oktoberfest, regular light and regular. She said that it only has 64 calories. Well, whatever it tastes like it. I think those calories actually come from the packaging rather than the ’beer’ because it does not taste like anything other than water to me.

0.9
TINOZACCA (146) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - SEP 8, 2005
Bad Color, no head. No aroma. No taste. Maybe some hops and wheat. WAY TOO THIN on the palate.

OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - SEP 4, 2005
12 oz bottle - Pours very pale golden with a white head. Aroma is a bit of citrus and not much else. Flavor is about the same. Not very flavorable at all. Palate is quite light almost water. Bitburger Light was much better as a low carb choice.

Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - AUG 29, 2005
I don’t know why I bothered. This was nothing good on any level. "Only 64 calories," and 0 redeeming qualities

1.4
BBB63 (6567) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 29, 2005
Well some lemony tartness, crisp grassy hops and even a note of lager yeast. Okay now the bad stuff, a corn flavor overtone and some band-aid yuck as well. The feel is... well what feel? The Germans must be laughing their asses off forcing this crap on the American market, even for Becks this is a new low. I am not going to waste anymore time with this.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 26, 2005
Pour is pale pale light straw yellow and thin fast fading white white head...smell is corn and skunky...tastes like Mich Ultra...water, corn and that is all...

DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2005 Look, this beer deserves a high rating for tasting better than 90% of the standard American lagers while weighing in at only 64 calories. Best tasting light beer I’ve ever had. Yes, its pale yellow, yes it’s fizzy and a bit on the sour/acidic side, but my god at least it has FLAVOR! Honestly, at 64 calories it’s completely amazing that this beer has any flavor at all but Beck’s Premier Light pulls it off. Absolutely, hands down the best in its category.