overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2207   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sturgess (173) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 19, 2004
The worst beer I've ever had...definentely hate beck's and have no desire to drink this shitty german pilsner ever again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Choos (734) - Taylors Hill, AUSTRALIA - FEB 17, 2004
Aroma slightly metallic with a hint of wheat. Appearance is pale yellow and pasturised clear. Flavour has a small amount of fruitiness and saaz spicy hop flavour but leaves no aftertaste. Easy to drink but little mouthfeel. Only had this on draught and probably wouldn't worry about it again.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
drinkinfla (21) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2004 Ugh - draft tasted like chilled liquid metal. Downright nasty. Didn't really have any "beer" flavor, just chemicals. If you want to keep your taste buds intact, avoid this bottled/fermented formaldahyde at all costs.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - FEB 13, 2004
Better than Heineken, but not by much. A little skunky and metalic tasting.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerlover82 (235) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 12, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 14, 2004 out of the bottle at bar: aroma is a little skunked, but that's ok with me..Can actually taste some hops at the finish, body is a little thin.Hops are noticeable but not overpowering.Much better than Heineken and any German beer is good with me.I really admire their Purity Law, if only we had one. I think this blows any domestic macro right out of the water.Certainly not the best German beer, but this is my import of choice until I find a better one.

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Malakin (470) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 9, 2004
Nasty commercial beer. It stinks, it tastes bad and it's not particularily cheap.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - FEB 7, 2004
Typical German macro-pilsener. Quite refreshing and easy to drink but nothing really special.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
maeib (8749) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - FEB 7, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2009 Bottled. This is nasty. Extremely sweet lager which just bites at your throat. I hope never to drink this again, and only finished the bottle in order to rate it fairly here. Obviously lagers do not have to be bad, so why does this sell so well? Score 0.6
Subsequent rating scored 1.9. Average becomes 1.2

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Crockett (1110) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 4, 2004
I was suprised. Extremely pale gold, short sudsy head. Wee bit of hoppy aroma with some roast. Flavour was good. Some bitters and cereals with fruity florals. I could taste a mild smokiness. I don't know if that is normal but it wasn't bad. Rounder than Heineken and Stella combined. Still wouldn't pay $45+ for a case. Not bad for macro.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fly (1465) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - FEB 4, 2004
I wonder what the marketing budget is for this? If I drink it will it increase my desirability? With women that have sculpted breasts and designer smiles? Will it give me that je ne sais quoi I have yearned for so long? If the marketing budget were increased could I get a pair of slacks to go with it? This is so good. So good. (aside, thanks for the cash) I want more. I NEED more. so good, so good. UhHuH