overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2197   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - MAY 30, 2004
This is a good beer. Pours gold with a stonrg hoppy flavor. Again, is a good beer but becks dark is the way to go.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 17, 2004
In the bottle. Gold fizzy big bubble pour. Dissipating white head. Strong hop flavor that dominates this pilsener. Hallertauer, perhaps? Surprisingly, this is not usually skunky for a beer bottled in green glass. My favorite thing is the fancy foil around the neck and cap. I prefer Becks dark.

haf (531) - Gijon, SPAIN - MAY 14, 2004
Cerveza rubia normal o sea q sigue la ley de pureza alemana. Aroma fuerte y sabor un poco decepcionante.

JustinBathurst (134) - Corner Brook, Newfoundland, CANADA - MAY 11, 2004
Okay, I decided to finally review Beck’s when I finally happened upon a bottle here in Toronto that wasn’t skunked. In fact, the whole case wasn’t skunked. That’s a first for me. Usually, it’s all skunk. So, pours nice golden yellow with insignificant head. Just what I’d expect from a pils. Mouthfeel is crisp, with nice carbonation. Taste is especially characterized by a honey-sweet that I had never detected in Beck’s because it was also skunked when I had it. The honey comes on quite strong at first, then subsides for the hops and bitter finish. Overall, non-skunked Beck’s is what I would expect from a big brewery, but is still above the usual fare.

1.3
AlphaOne (142) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 10, 2004
One of the ugliest beers i have ever seen, pale yellow. Stewed fruit, slightly floral hop aroma. flavour consists of a little malt, perfumy hops next to no bitterness, with zero aftertaste. horrible

darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - MAY 9, 2004
Good beer to just drink out of the bottle, don’t get much more from the pour. Does have a slight skunkiness, but that’s not always bad....always better than a Heineken.

Hansen (8595) - Assentoft, DENMARK - MAY 3, 2004
In danish:"Gaaaaaaab!" Nothing special at all. Not anything worth writing about. Thin, a little sweetness, and perhaps a little bitterness. Light-yellow.

screwball (1099) - Motala, SWEDEN - MAY 2, 2004
tasteless and no aroma. Light yellow with almost no head. To little carbon dioxide. How could I think that I«we ever liked this beer?!

Eructoblaster (4205) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - APR 28, 2004
Canned - 500ml. Highly carbonated pale yellow body with a thick but light-speed fading head. Average euro-lager hoppy nose. Taste is refreshing and definitely hoppy with some bready hints. Its bitter final is quite fair. Ordinary, and far below the average for a german beer. Nonetheless, I prefer this to Heineken.

Kingman (26) - Lexington, Ohio, USA - APR 27, 2004
Fresh crisp taste, slight skunk oder that I do not mind. Does not pour well in glass-head disappears.