overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2208   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fly (1465) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - FEB 4, 2004
I wonder what the marketing budget is for this? If I drink it will it increase my desirability? With women that have sculpted breasts and designer smiles? Will it give me that je ne sais quoi I have yearned for so long? If the marketing budget were increased could I get a pair of slacks to go with it? This is so good. So good. (aside, thanks for the cash) I want more. I NEED more. so good, so good. UhHuH

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hershiser2 (2532) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2004
Very average beer for the beer drinker who doesn't like to experiment with anything new... because you'll find nothing new here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Damage (77) - London, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 30, 2004
Wheat-coloured German pils that pours with a fluffy white head and good carbonation. Straw and hops bouquet with a stonger hops flavor. Crisp and refreshing. (500ml can)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
KarmanGhia (276) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 29, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2005 This is just a pretty average beer, but a decent enough German lager. It is yellow, not complex, and not very fruity (like the ad says). It is a bit more dry and sweet than comparable brews.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
piscator34 (2374) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 28, 2004
Straw in colour, without much of a head. Hoppy, with a nice crisp finish. It's a fairly basic beer... a step up from the major North American beers.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
metalboozer (28) - Jamison, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 24, 2004
Smelled kind of skunked when I first opened it. Poured a nice head but was a little bitter for my tastes. If it wasn't so damn expensive i would drink it more often.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
becksgenius (110) - Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2004
As you can tell by my name this is my staple. I feel like this is the basement of german beers, but i keep coming back because of the hoppy goodness. Some guys go for budweiser, i go for Becks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JAN 22, 2004
I don't like pilseners and I don't know why I keep coming back. If I could only remember the terrible aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JAN 21, 2004
I do not recommend Beck's. It simply cannot compare with German beers like Warsteiner. I would even prefer St. Pauli Girl to this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
scott500 (7) - sydney, AUSTRALIA - JAN 16, 2004 does not count
This is one of the best beers in the world. Easy to drink, great taste. The only problem is it is far to expensive in Australia.