overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2214   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our original Beck’s is a classic German lager beer with a distinctive full-bodied taste, fresh "hoppy" bouquet, golden color and full rich head. Adding to its complexity is a slightly fruity but firm crispness and a dry, clean finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
piscator34 (2386) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 28, 2004
Straw in colour, without much of a head. Hoppy, with a nice crisp finish. It's a fairly basic beer... a step up from the major North American beers.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
metalboozer (28) - Jamison, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 24, 2004
Smelled kind of skunked when I first opened it. Poured a nice head but was a little bitter for my tastes. If it wasn't so damn expensive i would drink it more often.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
becksgenius (110) - Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2004
As you can tell by my name this is my staple. I feel like this is the basement of german beers, but i keep coming back because of the hoppy goodness. Some guys go for budweiser, i go for Becks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JAN 22, 2004
I don't like pilseners and I don't know why I keep coming back. If I could only remember the terrible aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JAN 21, 2004
I do not recommend Beck's. It simply cannot compare with German beers like Warsteiner. I would even prefer St. Pauli Girl to this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
scott500 (7) - sydney, AUSTRALIA - JAN 16, 2004 does not count
This is one of the best beers in the world. Easy to drink, great taste. The only problem is it is far to expensive in Australia.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
rabuc (143) - carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 14, 2004
a good beer but since i've had a chance to sample so many other specially crafted beer, this one does not stack up. i used to think that the skunky taste was part of a stronger beer....well, not anymore. this beer is a bit skunky.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Enniskillen (2046) - Salinas, California, USA - JAN 13, 2004
Very small head. Drinkable beer, not something I would have all to often, good amount of carbination.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DanielBrown (4425) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 12, 2004
Bottle, from the Hogshead, Birmingham. I only really rated this one to get it out of the way, but I must say, it's not as bad as I remembered, certainly considering how popular it is with the masses! Fairly pale, small fluffy head. Classic German bitterness, with light saaz throughout. Balanced, refreshing, crisp. Slightly bland, but qualitat. Would be, and indeed is a very popular session lager.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
imdownthepub (13835) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 10, 2004
Bottled, pasteurised. Pale yellow, fizzy. Has the benefit of a tangy crispness, but a forced hop flavour to overcome the incredible carbonation. Opening one of these must damage more of the ozone layer, do the world a favour and yourself, leave it in the bottle.