Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1744   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Dos Equis Amber is a rich, full-bodied Mexican import with a reddish-gold color and is made from the finest ingredients, representing the brand’s traditional Mexican heritage. The history of Dos Equis Amber is traced to the development of the popular Oktoberfest-style of Vienna lager originally created during the mid-19th century.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

unclemattie's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
unclemattie (4406) - Georgia, USA - JUL 18, 2008
12oz bottle. pours clear reddish-brown color, eggshell colored head. aroma of corn and light toast. Nutty. Austin Powers "nutty". Flavor is of water and corn. Gross. I’ll stick with the green bottle of Dos Equis XX when I’m stuck in Mexico.

FoamHead (37) - - MAR 21, 2018
This is THE beer to have with Mexican food, especially cheese enchiladas. I don't understand the negative reviews here. Perhaps it is an acquired taste, but that is difficult to relate to since I have been drinking this for half a century with Mexican food - and on its own. The flavor is unique and absolutely addictive.

ferjho224 (57) - MEXICO - FEB 25, 2018
Dark Amber color, light body, medium head with good retention, low caramel aroma, sweet flavour, light hop.

gbclowes (33) - - JAN 30, 2018
Thanks for getting back in touch and let them know I will not be in today to get a little pissed that it

n1940 (183) - Dunbar, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 12, 2018
From the bottle. Quiet pour with moderate carbonation and a yeasty aroma. The beer has an amber hue with a white head and sparse lace. The start is smooth with caramel notes showing in the middle and carrying into the finish. Hop bitterness is barely perceptible. Not a lot here.

Bule (2315) - California, USA - JAN 6, 2018
On tap at Guy Fieri's American Kitchen Bar. Pours a brown color with a bit of head. Slightly more malt that the lager. Tastes a little like some molasses added as flavoring. Not flavortown.

Calisky (3279) - ALSACE, FRANCE - DEC 30, 2017
Couleur ambrée légère, très légère mousse. Nez malté leger. Gout leger malté humide avec caramel artificiel et corps tres aqueux. Fin très légère amere et sèche. Vraiment nulle pour le style

Bitterbill (2081) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - DEC 21, 2017
From Oct 2008 I haven't seen this one in quite a while. Nice amber gold pour with a small head of foam. There's even some lacing though the head is shrinking fast. The smell is very light. I can hardly get anything out of it other than light grain and hops. The taste is much better than the nose. I get a grain husky flavour up front with some malt sweetness mid palate and a decent hop bitterness rounds it out nicely. Overall, I like the taste of this one. Light bodied but not too light and not overly done with the carbonation, this is an easy drinker and I'm glad I tried it again. Yes I am.

Chadhami (219) - - NOV 26, 2017
Had this one with a lime on a plane. Refreshing with the lime, pretty basic otherwise.

Shooter42 (137) - California, USA - OCT 27, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 27, 2017 My new favorite Mexican beer. Really refreshing, rich, malty and smooth beer.

Psu319 (19) - - OCT 18, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2017 12oz bottle. Really good Vienna style lager for the price point. $27.00 for 24 bottles. Nice color and good malt taste. This will be a staple in my beer fridge for now on.