overall
RATINGS: 344   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
A very complex Belgian sextuple, sweet with caramel notes.

DrnkMcDermott's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
DrnkMcDermott (3137) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAR 9, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2007 Draft, at Floyds, March 5. Rating #500!!
Transcript of Nixon White House tapes: July 30, 1972: President Nixon and his legal advisor, Donald Rumsfeld, discuss "damage control" following the Watergate break-in:
<table style=width: 100%; text-align: left border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=4> <tbody> & class=beer>Nixon:
</span></td> <td><span class=beer><font face=Courier>Now those jackals from the papers are going to be all over us. I can’t count on Agnew to deflect these guys anymore. The press loves him. They love to say, ’He’s a nice fellow, he’ll drink with us.’ And I know I’m considered to be very stiff with these [expletive deleted]. And I will continue to be. I never believed in getting too close to them.</font></span></td> </t class=beer>Rumsfeld:</span></td class=beer> <font face=Courier>Mister President, I think Segretti and his boys have a good idea. We know, of course, where all the Washington Post reporters hang out for drinks after work. They think some friends in the brewing industry could come up with a beer that would look like any other beer, but would be much higher in alcohol, say around 15 per cent. Most people wouldn’t realize the deception until they’d already had too much. Once that happens, it should be a simple matter for us to [unclear] with their [unclear].</font> </span></td> class=beer>Nixon:</span></td> class=beer><font face=Courier>By God, Rummy, we could do that. But it would be wrong. We may be involved in a crisis here, but I do have my standards, you know. That’s why you’ll never get any further ahead than you are now. Any president who’d put you in his Cabinet [unclear] [expletive deleted].</font></span></td> &l ahead over 30 years. No one knows how much further "Operation Drunk as a Skunk" might have gone, but it seems Nic has found the recipe and made it into Alpha Kong! The pourer warned me that she’s seen a lot of drain pours with this, and suggested I should try only half a glass. I agreed, and was handed something deceptively light in color. It definitely had a big sweet smell, and of course no head could hope to stand up long in this brew. taste was thick and sticky, like fermented Karo syrup. Somewhere in this muddle is a Belgian blend of fruit flavors, but there’s also a big graininess. I couldn’t find the hops at first, but then once the coating had cleared from my tongue, there was a residual bitterness. Big ups for just finally wrestling this beast to a tap but you know what? Your friends who drink Bud won’t like this. Your sister won’t like this there’s a chance you won’t like this. But if you’ve near a place where this is pouring, you know you gotta try it to say you did!

Bill Becker (1779) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 6, 2017
From Mar 2008 I got this in a trade with joe1510. Thanks Joe! This pours a clear amber with a very small head of foam that leaves the scene rather quickly. The smell...yeah...lots of dark fruit, caramel malt, bubble gum, clove, banana, and alcohol. The taste on first sip and man, I'm getting a lot of candy sugar along with notes of banana, clove, apple, dark fruit, caramel, some yeast, and some alcohol. Very warming but no surprise there but this will do me for the night, me thinks. ;^) The mouthfeel is medium though at times, it seems to border on syrupy, the carbonation is light, and it finishes with a slight tartness that lingers on through the aftertaste. Wow. I love how the sweet part of this brew mixes so well with the tartness from the apple and dark fruit. To me, this one definitely taste like a Belgian and my hat's off to Three Floyd's. Very very nice brew!

Dfonorow (2274) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 6, 2017
On tap at DLD. Pour is deep amber with an off-white head. Notes of spice, ginger, dried fruit, candi sugar, and caramel. Finish is similar with a lot of booze.

phranq (250) - - JUL 27, 2017
Old bottle. Nose is complex malt and sugar. Taste is much the same. Sweet boozy and finish. Would love to try fresh.

mrohia (280) - Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2017
Side Street Tavern, Tinley Park, IL, draft. Malty, especially the lingering finish Creamy head. Pretty much aroma-free. Soft mouth feel.

cobaink2 (800) - seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 4, 2017
Bottle from brewery. Really extreamly complex. Maybe the most colplex beer I’ve had. On first sip it’s quite a bit of a freight train. Lots of murky hops and bready malts. Almost a barleywine in character.

arminjewell (9720) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - FEB 26, 2017
Pour on tap at the brewery, slightly hazy golden orange pour with white head, aroma brought notes of sweet vanilla, sugar, some white fruits, hints of biscuit and bread, touch of booze. Taste was a mix of sugar, vanilla, fruit into some bread, dough, slight yeast and spice, finishing sweet.

Slipstream (2702) - USA - JAN 22, 2017
Thanks to Adrian for opening up this classic, from around 2005 or so! It tastes like a barley wine to me - some brandy and cola, vanilla bean. Rich and tasty. The long cellaring period didn’t hurt it any.

dmac (6459) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2016
Bomber from Ed the Head, because he you know....poured a deep amber with a foamy white head. Aroma of tropical fruits, citrus fruits, alcohol, syrup,slight nail polish remover. Flavor of fruit rind, booze, fruit juice, breads, tropical fruits. Big boozy body, decent heat.

Ed5388 (3488) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2016
22oz bomber thanks to sheepdog! Pours a hazy orange caramel color with a small foamy off white head. Aroma of caramel, sweet citrus, and Belgian spices. Taste of grain, sweet fruit, Belgian spices, yeast, grass, older citrus, and booziness.

xblanchard29x (112) - Alabama, USA - APR 2, 2016
Pint from the brewery. Snagged two bombers as well. Carmel, spice, sweetness, and booze. Surprisingly enjoyable.