overall
RATINGS: 343   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
A very complex Belgian sextuple, sweet with caramel notes.

DrnkMcDermott's rating

DrnkMcDermott (3096) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAR 9, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2007 Draft, at Floyds, March 5. Rating #500!!
Transcript of Nixon White House tapes: July 30, 1972: President Nixon and his legal advisor, Donald Rumsfeld, discuss "damage control" following the Watergate break-in:
<table style=width: 100%; text-align: left border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=4> <tbody> & class=beer>Nixon:
</span></td> <td><span class=beer><font face=Courier>Now those jackals from the papers are going to be all over us. I can’t count on Agnew to deflect these guys anymore. The press loves him. They love to say, ’He’s a nice fellow, he’ll drink with us.’ And I know I’m considered to be very stiff with these [expletive deleted]. And I will continue to be. I never believed in getting too close to them.</font></span></td> </t class=beer>Rumsfeld:</span></td class=beer> <font face=Courier>Mister President, I think Segretti and his boys have a good idea. We know, of course, where all the Washington Post reporters hang out for drinks after work. They think some friends in the brewing industry could come up with a beer that would look like any other beer, but would be much higher in alcohol, say around 15 per cent. Most people wouldn’t realize the deception until they’d already had too much. Once that happens, it should be a simple matter for us to [unclear] with their [unclear].</font> </span></td> class=beer>Nixon:</span></td> class=beer><font face=Courier>By God, Rummy, we could do that. But it would be wrong. We may be involved in a crisis here, but I do have my standards, you know. That’s why you’ll never get any further ahead than you are now. Any president who’d put you in his Cabinet [unclear] [expletive deleted].</font></span></td> &l ahead over 30 years. No one knows how much further "Operation Drunk as a Skunk" might have gone, but it seems Nic has found the recipe and made it into Alpha Kong! The pourer warned me that she’s seen a lot of drain pours with this, and suggested I should try only half a glass. I agreed, and was handed something deceptively light in color. It definitely had a big sweet smell, and of course no head could hope to stand up long in this brew. taste was thick and sticky, like fermented Karo syrup. Somewhere in this muddle is a Belgian blend of fruit flavors, but there’s also a big graininess. I couldn’t find the hops at first, but then once the coating had cleared from my tongue, there was a residual bitterness. Big ups for just finally wrestling this beast to a tap but you know what? Your friends who drink Bud won’t like this. Your sister won’t like this there’s a chance you won’t like this. But if you’ve near a place where this is pouring, you know you gotta try it to say you did!

cobaink2 (670) - seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 4, 2017
Bottle from brewery. Really extreamly complex. Maybe the most colplex beer I’ve had. On first sip it’s quite a bit of a freight train. Lots of murky hops and bready malts. Almost a barleywine in character.

arminjewell (9585) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - FEB 26, 2017
Pour on tap at the brewery, slightly hazy golden orange pour with white head, aroma brought notes of sweet vanilla, sugar, some white fruits, hints of biscuit and bread, touch of booze. Taste was a mix of sugar, vanilla, fruit into some bread, dough, slight yeast and spice, finishing sweet.

Slipstream (2612) - USA - JAN 22, 2017
Thanks to Adrian for opening up this classic, from around 2005 or so! It tastes like a barley wine to me - some brandy and cola, vanilla bean. Rich and tasty. The long cellaring period didn’t hurt it any.

dmac (6209) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2016
Bomber from Ed the Head, because he you know....poured a deep amber with a foamy white head. Aroma of tropical fruits, citrus fruits, alcohol, syrup,slight nail polish remover. Flavor of fruit rind, booze, fruit juice, breads, tropical fruits. Big boozy body, decent heat.

Ed5388 (3448) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2016
22oz bomber thanks to sheepdog! Pours a hazy orange caramel color with a small foamy off white head. Aroma of caramel, sweet citrus, and Belgian spices. Taste of grain, sweet fruit, Belgian spices, yeast, grass, older citrus, and booziness.

xblanchard29x (39) - Alabama, USA - APR 2, 2016
Pint from the brewery. Snagged two bombers as well. Carmel, spice, sweetness, and booze. Surprisingly enjoyable.

_angst_ (4802) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - FEB 12, 2016
Bottle courtesy of rlgk. Pours hazy burnt orange with a frothy reddish offwhite head that leaves some thick sticky lacing on the glass while dissipating. Smell is heavy spicy with caramel, biscuits, red pears, dill, hay, dry soil, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, lemon zest and hints of alcohol. Taste is sweet, bitter, floral and spicy. Mouthfeel is soft, round, tiny astringent, tiny boozy and medium bodied. Finish is sweet and bitter with caramel, biscuits, honey, spices, hay, dry soil and hints of alcohol. Too spicy and with heavy floral honey that doesn’t add anything to the beer. Very much not my beer.

rlgk (18847) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - FEB 12, 2016
Bottle at Extra, extra tasting at Koppmansgatan Göteborg, 160212. Hazy orange/golden beer with a small offwhite head. Hoppy citrus aroma, dill, spicy, hay, some floral notes. Hoppy citrus flavor, dill, licorice, hay, grapes, herbal, floral, honey. Not impressed at all.

drowland (8629) - Georgia, USA - JAN 15, 2016
9/12/15. Bomber snuck into a wedding to share by cbfobes - thanks, dude! This was a weird beer that was not was I was expecting but was also a tasty brew in the end. Brown pour under a tan head. Spiced aroma, savory aspects mixed with fruitiness, caramel, toffee, and maple. Sweet flavor, but also biscuit, caramel, savory aspects, maple.... something about it reminds me of breakfast... but in the end, I dug it!

thepatrickman (1307) - Durham, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 31, 2015
Bottle, from notes (11/16/15). Really complex and a little boozy. It smells like a spiced vanilla Yankee Candle and tastes like a Christmas Pudding. Think cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, plums, bread, and vanilla. Really good -- I just wish I’d saved it for Christmas!