overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 2234   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bell’s Oberon is a wheat ale fermented with Bell’s signature house ale yeast, mixing a spicy hop character with mildly fruity aromas. The addition of wheat malt lends a smooth mouthfeel, making it a classic summer beer.

flemdawg (562) - Rowlett, Texas, USA - MAY 21, 2003
Hazy golden color, and a thin white head. A bit of a fruity aroma, but a stuffy nose is preventing any real comments. Bit of a citrusy taste, and a bit of wheat. Dry finish. Over all, not too bad, but Bells has better.

LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAY 17, 2003
A beautiful golden/yeasty beer with a nice head. Excellent wheat flavor with a crisp finish. Has a fruity, spicy flavor that is great.

burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 17, 2003
pale but cloudy in color. sort of bland all around. often served with citrus, for better or worse. basically, an "eh".

gwfrankpsu (231) - McKinleyville, California, USA - MAY 17, 2003
Having moved to Michigan in March, all I heard about was Oberon. When it arrived, I was disappointed. On tap the beer is gold (yellow?) with a cloudy appearance, but really thin mouth feel not the expected chewy feel I get with other good wheats. While the beer is refreshing, I found it lacking the fruity flavors I expect. This is a nice beer, but not a beer I would seek.

bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - MAY 16, 2003
I'm starting to get into American Wheats and this beer is a fine example. Very refreshing.

EddieG (169) - Palos Heights, Illinois, USA - MAY 11, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 16, 2003 Again, I had to rerate because of the consistant problem that Bell's has with quality. Another infected Oberon. The ration is not almost 1 in 3 beers is bad. Dissappointing. Eddie G

beerhead1980 (9) - kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 10, 2003 does not count
one of my favorite summer beers however,kalamazoo is going to kill me, but to be honest...... whitsun is better

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAY 7, 2003
Cloudy golden color, sweet fruits in the nose aand taste. Crisp and light tasting. Good for a summer day.

Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2003
Tap: Quite appealing hazy gold with rocky white head. Rather mild scents of bread and lemony zest. The taste started wheaty and then moved to more citric and spice flavors. Finish was slightly sour for my taste.

aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - APR 27, 2003
scarey label reminds me of god awful Mehana beer (my worst rated beer); but nowhere near that bad--well not all that good; spicy complex flavor fun but lacked texture too thin instead.