overall

RATINGS: 1501   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

barleyPops (1142) - Quad-Cities, Illinois, USA - DEC 2, 2004
bottle. Pours a cloudy, amber with a very nice creamy white head. flavor is somewhat citrusy and slightly sweet. very smooth. it would be quite easy to knock down several of these!

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 30, 2004
Poured orangey cloudy amber with no head and MUCHO floaties...almost like an Achel Tripel...the floaties, not the color...smell is all malt, with caramel and sweet cookie dough dominating...taste is rich and malty...sweet with nuts, biscuits, dough, an a hint of caramel...quite tasty and flavorful for an amber...

pdoyleusa (17) - Clinton Twp., Michigan, USA - NOV 30, 2004
SUPER malty! Reminds me of several homebrews in the american ale style. Not enough hops to balance the sweetness. Not a favortite of mine but does have it’s merits as an old standby. Quality ingredients make up for a lack of complexity.

gusser (2) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - NOV 2, 2004 does not count
Lucky thing we caught the guy at the liquor store in Oxford, OH last night before he locked up or I wouldnt tried this fine amber ale. Great taste great aroma. A good way to fill the gap for my Fat Tire cravings while I’m at Miami.

MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2004
Pretty good amber ale. I love the taste and the aroma. My first of Bells and I enjoyed it.

BelgianGirl (89) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2004
I enjoyed this beer. It had a sweet aroma with a nice brown color and creamy white head. It was a tasty drink overall with a mild malty flavor. Cheers!

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2004
An acceptable drink. Nice reddish brown color with a passing white head. Sweet caramel malt aroma with a touch of bitterness. Much the same with the taste. Disappointing in that I know this brewery can and does much, much better.

pobenohne (504) - Northern Liberties, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Two 12 oz bottles at Rick’s on the MSU campus. Bonus appearance point for the label (I dig Pelicans). Rich, chewy, brew.

hopnpop (73) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Sweet and somewhat grassy on the nose. Poured a cloudy, golden color. Terrific mouthfeel. Tasted sweet initially but hops quickly neutralized things, leaving a pleasant, balanced aftertaste.

Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2004
Bottle. Poured a cloudy pale amber. I was shocked at the amount of yeast/sediment, which I did not expect in an amber ale. Nice off white head. Aromas were all citrus, mainly lemon. The taste was overwhelmingly lemony, more like an iced tea than an amber ale. Extremely hoppy. I was somewhat disappointed. This is more like an IPA, which would have been fine if that was what I was in the mood for/expecting.