overall

RATINGS: 1501   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

delacerveza (166) - Florida, USA - OCT 10, 2001
quite tasty. nice hint of hops without that overpowering bitter pucker that some beers boast (and many of y’all love, i’m sure) great color and good balance of carbonation. it seems to me that many red/amber beers are either too flat or too bubbly for some reason. not this one, though.

ALCOHOLNIZM (165) - WARWICK, Alabama, USA - OCT 26, 2009
THIS BEER WAS HIGHLY RECOMENDED TO ME BY A FRIEND AND TO BE HONEST I WASN’T EXPECTING IT TO BE GREAT. AND IT ISNT. THE AROMA IS NOT VERY PLEASANT SMELLS LIKE A TYPICALY MASPRODUCED BEER. THE HEAD IS NONEXISTENT AND THE CARBONATION LINGERS IN THE GLASS LEAVING WHAT LOOKS LIKE LITTLE FLOATIES, I DONT TASTE ANY FRUITS OR ANYTHING THESE OTHER RATERS HAVE, I JUST TASTE MILD HOPS SMOTHERED IN MALT WITH A VERY SLIGHT SWEETNESS. THIS BEER IS FAR FROM GREAT BUT DOES HAVE A GOOD YET NOT OVERWELMING FLAVOR THAT MAKES IT ENJOYABLE

slimweebs (163) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAY 20, 2010
This is a very average amber. I love Bell’s brewery, it is one of my favorites, but this is just a very average showing. Perhaps that is because ambers tend to be bland and unimaginative to begin with. It has a nice pour, thick lacy head, an average mildly hoppy/malty aroma with very little character. The taste was actually sweeter than the average amber, which doesn’t surprise me, as most bell’s beers I’ve tasted are sweeter than average (which works very well for IPA’s and stouts, but not ambers!). It was decent, but I wouldn’t buy it again.

DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 12, 2002
This bells is exellent. One of their top sellers. Its Amber colored (duh) with a nice carmaly taste. This beer is smooth! I recomend highly!

jameswolfe (160) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 30, 2007
Not one of Bell’s best, but a solid Amber. Looks good in a glass with a nice malty aroma to go with it. Well balanced and a little fruity.

pj1855 (160) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - AUG 10, 2008
Pours a hazy Amber color. Good sized white head that doesn’t fully last. Not smelling much of an aroma. Maybe some malts. Starts off sweet and then you pick up some slight hops in the end. Soft carbonation. Very clean and refreshing. I’m becoming a fan of Bell’s

elektrogeist (158) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 22, 2006
12oz bottle: too bad amber ale just isn’t my thing it seems, but this is quite a good one. well balanced with residual sweetness done well. I certainly like how all of Bells brews are bottle conditioned.. everyone should catch on to that-REAL ALE! ;)

v8powered (157) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 24, 2010
Never had it until Chicago trip. Good amber. Good flavor nice balance and some interesting cereal flavor.

turg (156) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 30, 2006
Bottle 341ml. Appearance: amber-orange color with a small head. Aroma: Hoppy citrus. Flavor: malt, sweet caramel. Thank to Piscator34

BobbyW3363 (154) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 23, 2006
Cloudy amber-orange color with a small head that disappeared quickly. Sweet and hoppy aroma. Nice hoppy flavor, with notes of caramel. This is much better and much more well-balanced than I remember it being a few years ago. I avoided this beer for several years, and was pleasantly surprised tonight when I decided to give it another try. A nice amber ale.