overall

RATINGS: 1457   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

mothman (120) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 13, 2010
Well I would first like to point out the Batch Number on this beer being 8231. It was packaged November 14, 2007. I was very disappointed when I found this out.

Poured from a 12 oz bottle. This beer had a nice fluffy, off white colored head. The color was very awesome, fading from a light orange to an amber orange at the top. I can definately taste that this beer is almost a year old and it makes me sad that I didn’t get to enjoy the full potentials of Bell’s. The beer tasted very skunked, so I am going to stop my review here and when I get a chance to try an "up to date" bottle, then I will write a new review.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 09-11-2008 03:58:47

TheChampion (119) - Virginia, USA - MAY 1, 2011
Pours a clear amber with a frothy white head. Decent amount of lacing. A light hoppy and nutty aroma. Well-balanced flavor and an easy-drinker, can’t ask for much more for this style.

edfitz (118) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - SEP 23, 2006
Very smooth poor and taste. You will not find a higher quality amber. This is my favorite brewer in this style.

KBeer (117) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2004
On tap at a local bar. A nice copper amber color with a moderate head. Good mouthfeel with a smooth flavour.

sandwichpants (117) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - FEB 10, 2006
Quite enjoyable and readily available around southeast michigan. To me this is almost an ale, lager hybrid as some of the malts and hops are those often used in lagers, but the process is ale. It’s smooth, crisp, aromatic. Malts are kinda bready, hops seem like a german/american hybrid, if that makes any sense. Nice medium body fits casual drinking with meals and such, or times when you care to really think about your beer.

gmcase (115) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 10, 2007
bottle. Absolutely beatiful color. good body and balance. Not an outstanding flavor but I am not a fan of ambers. one of the only bell’s beers I will not revisit.

SoberCajun (111) - Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 2, 2010
Amber pour, nice tannish head. Bright aroma. A nice balanced taste, dry hops and caramel malt notes. Almost like a bock, nice fruitiness.

jbean (110) - Illinois, USA - DEC 23, 2007
Bottle. Pours a deep, hazy amber with white head. Small particles visible in beer. Aroma is caramel malts, a bit of toasty bread. Flavor is slightly toasty and caramelly, and the yeast is present. Not overly exciting, but a solid amber ale.