overall

RATINGS: 1453   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

LennyH (60) - Delaware, USA - OCT 2, 2006
Bottle. Noticible caramel and fruit flavor. Carbonation is also noticible but not a problem. Enough hops to add a touch to dryness and bitterness. Certainly a drinkable beer.

beedman (60) - Wonju, SOUTH KOREA - NOV 17, 2006
12oz bottle thanks to Jaye. Pours dark amber red with ample white foam. Aroma is yeasty and malty. Good malt / hops balance, ending with hops. Good amber.

Bluegoosed (59) - - JUL 5, 2014
I really prefer IPAs and Stouts but one of the better ales that I’ve had. Nice malt with touch of caramel flavors.

boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 1, 2012
Ok my second bells ever. I got it in a little package and was like a kid in a candy store. This beer looked amazing when I poured it into a clear pint. It glowed red Cooper with a thick finger high head that ran away quickly to a white lace The smell was good. Not to strong or over powering. Taste was a little sweet with a follow up of light bitters. I think there is a very mild hint of raw honey in this beer. It left me wondering how it’s taste would change as it was paired with spicy foods. My guess is amazing. Feel was alright. It has some carbonization rolling in and sits on the tip of your tonge. Over all I am impressed. This beer explained to me the rave about bells. Honestly I had to question it before this beer. Well done. Serving type: bottle

OberonTheifEMT (56) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - NOV 16, 2003
Thick amber color with yeast that floats about like snow in a snow globe. Heavy malt aroma, much different than the musty cheese smell that was present on my first try. The flavor is suprisingly similar to Larry's brown ale. Nice flavorful finish. I would love to try this on tap

BigNasty (55) - South Lyon, Michigan, USA - OCT 21, 2005
Not my most favorite amber. Beautiful color, not much head, great malty aroma. I found the hops to be a bit more on the bitter side than I like, overwhelming the maltiness that could have been.

ononews9 (52) - Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 22, 2010
poured into a tulip glass. a slightly bitter, but good tasting beer. a hint of carmel.

Jimmeekrek (52) - - MAY 19, 2012
Possibly the best Amber Ale I’ve ever had. Rich caramel taste that never gets old. I can’t rate it super high with the huge flavors of other beers, but this is as good as it gets for this style, or at least as good as I’ve had. Delicious.

tex (52) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 11, 2003
Great looking pour, smooth taste. This is a great red, especially from a tap.

Kco (51) - USA - JUN 23, 2012
Golden color with a thick creamy head. Smooth feel on the palate. Nice balance of malt and citrus hops.