overall

RATINGS: 1457   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

booyaatribe (453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2001
..................................................

Northernbrewer (151) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2001
Far better than many other 'red' beers. Has a strong buiscuity character that is distracting and the last sample I had was a bit hazy. Still a good beer worthy of a try.

vtmobile (43) - Alabama, USA - DEC 11, 2002
nice color and a good white head. aroma is distantly fruity and a little faintly alcohol, not altogether pleasant. palate is predominantly hopped, bitter aftertaste with high carbonation. The palate is complex for an amber, lacks the usual caramel flavors and has no sweetness. Bitterness is more reminiscent of an IPA. This is a good, drinkable beer, but not one I buy again. Judging from the other comments, the draft variety is a different animal than the one from the bottle and I would like to try that one.

WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2003
Sweet to the touch. I had to take a pause after I took my first sip. I was drinking Birra Moretti before this and was not expecting it to come along so brutishly. Ripping and tearing apart my taste buds like a box of sour patch kids mixed with rusty nails. Not bad, not bad at all.

Hysteria (38) - USA - APR 13, 2003
Had this on draft. Dark straw color, cloudy appearance. Lacks hop bite up front. Full malt flavor but a bit too sweet for my taste. Stronger hops would let me rate this brew higher.

zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2003
Sweet and carmel taste with a moderate bitter edge. Unlike any American amber that I've ever had.

badgerben (5323) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 5, 2003
Bottle. Pretty good. A little sweet, some hops flavor, but nothing outstanding.

YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - FEB 4, 2004
Mediocre for Bells. Still a decent ale. Orange under tan head. Some hints of honey and citrus and maybe butterscotch in the nose. Fruity taste.

invalid (302) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 7, 2004
Not bad. Deep reddish color, white head. Not much aroma. Pleasant malt sweetness.

turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - JUL 26, 2004
Bottle. pours cloudy orange/amber color with thick head and lacing. sweet aroma with a good clean crisp taste slightly hoppy very good.