overall
RATINGS: 1063   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Consecrator is a traditional doppelbock-style fermented with a Bohemian lager yeast. Reddish brown in color, with a mild hop profile, Consecrator is a well balanced, full bodied beer with hints of caramel and molasses in its smooth, malty finish. Brewed for a Fat Tuesday release.

Krej's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Krej (223) - USA - APR 21, 2013
I saw this at a liquor store once and I thought I needed to get it because Iíve never seen it before, but we went to the store for something else do I didnít get it. Since then, Iíve been regretting not getting it and have been trying to go back to that store, but the problem is that itís far away. Then I find myself at bells brewery and they have it on tap so I have to get it. It is a very nice dark amber red color. It smells and tastes like caramel malts. Thatís all I really tastes and itís a pretty good beer. Iím not sure if is buy a six pack but I could see myself getting this at a bar again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nisse666 (7134) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - MAY 23, 2017
Bottle from Mikkeller web shop cons 2017-05-23 GŲteborg , gusher AR: burnt caramel, red fruity, sugar cake AP: dark ruby, deminishing to no head F: rich carbonation, caramel, diver cake, white sugar

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jflopsu (1549) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 20, 2017
Pours a ruby red with light white head. A faint caramel, candied and fruit malt aroma. A caramel malt taste thatís a little smoky. A smoky and malty aftertaste.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BackusWackus (10) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAY 20, 2017
Sitting at the bar on a throne of good fortune at The Gingerman in NYC, I though "yes! I shall have the bells!" I don't detect much aroma but the beer is adequate, it almost tastes of Carmel at first sip. Just found out there is a whiskey version and now my biggest regret as I sit on my bar throne is not getting that instead. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
tillmac62 (721) - Gaffney, South Carolina, USA - MAY 18, 2017
BOD 2/01/17 Pours a clear dark amber with a heavy dose of garnet. Normal head volume, normal retention for the style, slightly sub-par lacing. Very good nose but it is a bit subdued. It is slightly nutty, hints of bready malt and an extremely subtle hint of lightly charred wood. Deep underneath are subtle hints of molasses with a whiff of caramel. The complexity is there but you have to look for it. Rich full body that is deliciously creamy with a very smooth slick texture. World class carbonation / body balance. The effervescence is perfectly constructed to allow the flavors to pop yet not distract from the complexity. The middle is vibrant and the finish prickly. One of the most perfect balances I have ever had the pleasure to consume. The flavor profile is quite outstanding and delivers where the nose fell a bit short. The base is a rich molasses and caramel background that is just sweet enough to take center stage in the middle while allowing the other complex flavors their time in the spotlight. Bitterness is subtle yet just enough for contrast, especially from the middle on. Unlike the nose, the base malt flavor is more biscuit than bready. Complexity is world class as was the balance. In addition to nuts detected in the nose, light prune, light dates, leather and tobacco are evident. The finish is a slow fade that is prune like with a touch of uncovered alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
MetalNHopHead (1858) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - MAY 2, 2017
Nebraska decided to give Winter a second change recently, so it seemed like a good time to enjoy a Doppelbock. Consecrator is about everything you could want in a German-style malt bomb. Mahogany color with a somewhat rocky head (my bottle was also a gusher which is probably my own damn fault). Nose has malty and fruity sweetness. Caramel, molasses, and dried apricot flavors. Full-bodied and warm. Hop bitterness is almost nonexistent. This drinks very easily for 8%. It tastes like something that could have come from Germany instead of the Midwest.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ginotarugo (62) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 28, 2017
Minimal head. Alcohol taste is very evident, though not overwhelming. Still a little much for me. I found myself anxious for my mug to be empty so I didnít have to drink it anymore. Felt obliged to finish it considering how much I paid for the bottle. Troegenator hides ABV much better and overall is superior to this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
sinfull (1612) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - APR 21, 2017
Clear , copper color. Thin , yellowish head. Aroma of molasses, dried fruits and caramel. Sweet taste with gentle touch of European hops. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MadRobin (2954) - Silver Spring, Alabama, USA - APR 19, 2017
Poured from 12 oz. bottle. Clear, sparkling, dark red-copper with a thin off-white head and fair to good lacing. Aroma of caramel, toast, figs, nuts, plums and raisins. Taste of toast, caramel, nuts, plums, dried fruit and burnt sugar. Full/medium body and medium/low carbonation. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cards04 (2771) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - APR 9, 2017
A nice bock. Great example of the style. Pours a brownish red. Aromas of bread, sweet malts. Tastes like it smells. Toasty and tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
edgallow (4096) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 2, 2017
6 oz draft pours amber with a off white head. Aroma of caramel, molasses and some earthy notes. Taste is caramel, nutty and sweet.