overall

RATINGS: 2877   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.2/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Starting with six different hop varietals added to the brew kettle & culminating with a massive dry-hop addition of Simcoe hops, Bellís Hopslam Ale possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bellís repetoire. Selected specifically because of their aromatic qualities, these Pacific Northwest varieties contribute a pungent blend of grapefruit, stone fruit, and floral notes. A generous malt bill and a solid dollop of honey provide just enough body to keep the balance in check, resulting in a remarkably drinkable rendition of the Double India Pale Ale style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
kingaugusta (262) - Georgia, USA - JAN 28, 2017
Pours clear gold with a frothy white head. Nose is very floral hops with some apple, honey, and apricot. Flavor is very smooth with a great balance of hop bitterness and very smooth malts. Honey adds a nice background note. Finish is fairly short but very flavorful. Excellent beer.

tsd08460 (991) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - JAN 27, 2017
Can from Whole Foods Market Fair Lakes Aroma: citrus, caramel, floral, honey Appearance: clear golden with a white head Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness, Palate: medium body, sticky, average carbonation, long finish, Bueno excellente

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
russellmzauner (3) - - JAN 27, 2017 does not count
I looked down, and it was gone. It tasted very good. I love hops. My wife hated it. She doesnít love hops. I am not usually able to take sweet beers, much less honey - but it was well balanced and not so aggressive as to make me hurl. And as I was moving it around my palate, I realized there was none left. I wish I could give a better review, but I was amazed at how I just drank it and then it was gone. So, thereís that. I bumped its overall in that it definitely wasnít kidney rinser but went down like a [expletive, expletive, deleted]. Maybe when I get another can - this was another $3.49/12oz purchase, like the Melvin DIPA - yeah, that badass - the 2x4 (except on the can it says 9.9% instead o bein the double hunny like at OBF 2016). So, double thumbs the fuck up and FUCK YEAH! https://youtu.be/FkbVHZB6TqY

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sarlacc83 (2127) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 26, 2017
Can, drunk on the day I purchased it from Belmont Station. Itís rather fun that I can get this in PDX now; if only because it stopped me having to trade for it in order to get the top 50 tick. A: Pours a brilliant gold that settles into a cloudy orange. Firm, pure white head. Lacing. N: Pine, grapefruit, soap, honey, earthiness, orange zest, white peppercorns, very herbal and cedar-like. Medicinal. T: Heavily bitter, sweet. M: Medium body, resinous, substantially alcoholic, crisp carbonation. O: Itís disappointing. Still. Iíve had this multiple times and never been all that impressed, but Iíd hope that getting it in a can, fairly fresh, would really give it a boost. It does drink pretty easy, but Iíd take a Sticky Hands over this all day every day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrSteveBrule (50) - - JAN 26, 2017
Pours a deep pale with hints of orange and a thick, pillowy foam. Strong grassy hop aroma. The silky mouthfeel hits you before the flavor does. Tastes of smooth, clean malt and strong bitterness that lingers. The hop bill I've seen for this seems to be very diverse but the flavors aren't as muddled as that. Great sipping beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
MetalNHopHead (1693) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - JAN 26, 2017
Bellís Hopslam is one of those beers that transcends categories. Itís more than just a good representative of its style. More than just a good beer. Itís a goddamn piece of art. Is it an intensely hoppy ale that showcases six aggressive Pacific American cones? Is it an approachable brew? Somehow, itís both. Honey and orange blossom aromas. Caramel and honey flavors form the malty backbone while floral, citrusy hops come out in full force. For being a hop-forward beer at 10%, it shouldnít be beautiful, so perfectly balanced. Yet, it is. Itís a grown-up, sophisticated rendition of the Imperial IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
RLiddell (125) - Valrico, Florida, USA - JAN 26, 2017
2017 version poured from a can. I have always been a huge fan of Hopslam and always look forward to its release. However, this beer could be called just Slam, because the hops have gone completely missing. Try as I might, I had difficulty picking up even the faintest hint of hops. The beer is overly sweet and again, no hop character. Iím hoping I just received a bad batch, because this yearís reality didnít match my memories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fiery_1 (580) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 25, 2017
355ml can @ Mattís. Pours a clear golden colour with a thin white head. Nose is pine, citrus, and floral notes. Flavour is sweet malty floral bouquet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mikeymike (64) - Kansas, USA - JAN 23, 2017
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2017 12 oz can. Pours clear straw gold with a three finger head. Aroma is pine, citrus, and floral. Taste is a sweet floral bouquet with a semi-dry/astringent finish. Mouthfeel is effervescent across the tongue with a medium-thin body. Overall, this is the DIPA that drew me to hoppy beer years ago, and because of that it still holds a special place in my heart. While it is still an excellent brew that I chase every year, it isnít as good as some of the newer DIPAs on the market. There needs to be some more bitterness in the taste, and more hops on the nose for such a big beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ehaak26 (297) - - JAN 23, 2017
On tap at Pazzoís. Aroma of fruit and floral hops thatís well balanced with malt. Dangerously drinkable for a 10%.