overall

RATINGS: 2616   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.19/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Starting with six different hop varietals added to the brew kettle & culminating with a massive dry-hop addition of Simcoe hops, Bell’s Hopslam Ale possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bell’s repetoire. Selected specifically because of their aromatic qualities, these Pacific Northwest varieties contribute a pungent blend of grapefruit, stone fruit, and floral notes. A generous malt bill and a solid dollop of honey provide just enough body to keep the balance in check, resulting in a remarkably drinkable rendition of the Double India Pale Ale style.

raphael (1292) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 1, 2017
Happy to find this in town as my 1200th review came immanent. This beer is so smoothly done, so clean, that i don’t miss the rough angles or the over-powering of other beer i rate this highly. Mossy tangy aroma, with alcohol & caramel. flavor of lemon, resin, in a non-static balance. Great on the palate.

googleimage83 (171) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 1, 2017
Gorgeous honey peach pour, nice cloud, clingy lacing. Aromatic peach, honey, mango, tangerine, pine - danky, fruity, malty. Taste is silky smooth, juicy, bready, sweet, grassy - everything an IPA should be; flavours are bold but perfectly balanced - shocking that this is 10%. On my shortlist of the best beers I’ve ever had.

drjay44 (3851) - Salida, Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2017
12 oz can. Packaged 1/23/17. Pours a thick, well retained, off white head, with moderate lacing, over a clear effervescent, gold (SRM 5) body........nose is pine, resin, grapefruit, light allium, floral honey, mild cracker, balance to the hops.....taste is mildly floral honey sweet, with light cracker, slight bread from the malts, pine, resin, citrus with grapefruit, tangerine tones, hints of allium, finishing with lingering moderate bitterness, balance slightly to the hops......mouth feel, medium body, alcohol warmth present, high carbonation. This is very nice I/DIPA, with the malts and added honey balancing the hops. The only flaw is the light allium in both aroma and flavor. This is most probably from the dry hopping with Simcoe, whose personality can be variable from year to year, as well as time of harvest. BJCP 7/3/14/4/7

onceblind (10690) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 31, 2017
Clear deep golden hue with a fluffy white cap. Bi resinous and floral nose with semiperfumey hop bitterness and fresh earthy hop resins and a minor bit of caramalt and a kiss of booze. Big resinous flavor that’s leafy and dank and piney and complexly boozy but resiny and slightly lupuliny. Amazing and bold and complex.

anstei (2663) - Zurich, SWITZERLAND - JAN 29, 2017
Can at RBGT. Pours cloudy orange. Aroma is grassy, flowery hops, some pine and forest floor. Body is heavy and juicy, thick and viscous, yet refreshingly carbonated. Late bitterness, lingering residual sweetness. Good balance.

kathryne (16) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 29, 2017
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2017 Very nice work with the hops - a little more complex structure than some but works out very nicely. This is one of my favourite IPAs.

Pintofjoe29 (62) - Dingman Ferry, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 28, 2017
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2017 Can pour into my favorite snifter. Pours honey gold with a big 3 finger head. Aromatic smell of honey, orange, pineapple, and floral notes. Tastes great. Its a perfect balance of malt and citrusy sweetness and hop bitterness. For me it is definitely worth the hype. Fantastic

kingaugusta (286) - Georgia, USA - JAN 28, 2017
Pours clear gold with a frothy white head. Nose is very floral hops with some apple, honey, and apricot. Flavor is very smooth with a great balance of hop bitterness and very smooth malts. Honey adds a nice background note. Finish is fairly short but very flavorful. Excellent beer.

tsd08460 (1260) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - JAN 27, 2017
Can from Whole Foods Market Fair Lakes
Aroma: citrus, caramel, floral, honey
Appearance: clear golden with a white head
Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness,
Palate: medium body, sticky, average carbonation, long finish,

Bueno excellente

russellmzauner (3) - - JAN 27, 2017 does not count
I looked down, and it was gone. It tasted very good.

I love hops. My wife hated it. She doesn’t love hops.

I am not usually able to take sweet beers, much less honey - but it was well balanced and not so aggressive as to make me hurl. And as I was moving it around my palate, I realized there was none left.

I wish I could give a better review, but I was amazed at how I just drank it and then it was gone. So, there’s that.

I bumped its overall in that it definitely wasn’t kidney rinser but went down like a [expletive, expletive, deleted]. Maybe when I get another can - this was another $3.49/12oz purchase, like the Melvin DIPA - yeah, that badass - the 2x4 (except on the can it says 9.9% instead o bein the double hunny like at OBF 2016).

So, double thumbs the fuck up and FUCK YEAH!