overall
RATINGS: 613   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
As refreshingly crisp as a morning swim in a Great Lake, this brew is crafted with Pils and Munich malts. The pronounced hop character of this golden lager sparks thoughts of sandy beaches and rocky islands.

hotstuff (5232) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2017
Rated on 9-11-2017. This draft beer's appearance when served is a small white head that is mostly lasting, lightly hazy medium yellow body, no carbonation observed, and one ring of lacing. The aroma is grass and malt. The flavor presents light bitterness, malt, crisp, and dry. The mouthfeel is clean and this beer is light-medium bodied. This is an easy drinking beer that has a light bitter finish. This is a so-so beer and not one of my favorite Bell's beers.

SONOFWODEN (72) - New York, USA - SEP 3, 2017
As with other Bell's styles I have tasted, this one poured with a nice head -- rocky, nearly creamy which stuck around for a good while. . . .aroma was of lightly sweet malt and then hops. . .taste again had light sweetness, followed by hops bitterness and very dry finish which I did not personally care for. This is not the type of "Lager" that I am used to and, if choosing a Lager, I would prefer Yuengling.

fsquirrel29 (91) - Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2017
I would drink this beer if handed to me, but I will never buy it again. With "lager" in the name I expected this to be a very smooth (maybe even bland) beer. But I found it very hoppy and I’m not a fan of hoppy beers.

muzzlehatch (4970) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 26, 2017
12 ounce bottle from Woodman’s in Beloit, WI, served 10 minutes out of the fridge in a Christoffel glass. Deep, lightly hazy-oily gold, largish very stable creamy-chunky off-white head...beautifully textured aroma of sweet pils malt and light herbal-grassy acerbic notes; a hint of soapiness on opening but this disappears fairly quickly...very light sweetness at the front, and a bit at the end, but overall this is dry, moderately to strongly bitter, grassy and a bit alkaline...bitterness carries through at the finish for a long, dry ending, with a full mouthfeel and somewhat low carbonation. I’m on a totally different vibe with this than most of you guys, this is hugely enjoyable for me, and I’m glad to be really enthused about a Bells product again.

ryrpat (380) - Illinois, USA - AUG 13, 2017
Typical Czech lager. Nice golden color and a nice malty backbone giving a nice sweet finish ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

sinfull (1776) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JUL 10, 2017
Great, European style pilsner . However it doesn't have IPA aroma or high ABV and has a word "lager" on it . With this combination it's not easy to get great reviews)). ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

unclemike (3170) - Junction City Kansas, Kansas, USA - JUN 29, 2017
Poured clear amber with an average fizzy white head that was mostly lasting with good lacing. Moderate sweet malt and sour citrus aroma. Medium body with lively carbonation. Medium sweet flavor with a medium sweet finish of moderate duration. Solid drinkable beer.

Bacchus66 (877) - South Carolina, USA - JUN 28, 2017
From tap. Clear yellow with a thin white head. Straightforward nose of cereal and grainy hops. Very smooth citrus texture with a long finish.

crispaire (243) - - JUN 8, 2017
One of my favorite pilsners of the year so far. A well done brew! Great balance between clean crisp flavor and subtle spicy hops. Refreshing with short finish. Can only improve as the temps get hotter... ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone