overall

RATINGS: 67   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%
Super sweet honey mead.

BMan1113VR (7931) - Los Angeles, California, USA - FEB 1, 2012
Bottle thanks to womencantsail. Pours with a clear, pale, golden hued body with a fading white head and mild legs. Aromas are sweet one the nose, honey, mild floral notes and dusty. Flavors are dry and taste a bit oxidized, dry leaves, sulfur and honey. Light acid, but not really enough to balance. Medium bodied, somewhat dry finish despite the sweetness, low carbonation. Not particularly well made.

Dogbrick (13010) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 12, 2012
Sample at the brewpub. Bell’s’ Mead is a clear pale yellow color with some tiny bubbles atop and decent legs. Nose of honey and flowers. Medium sticky body with a floral character and flavors of sweet honey and ripe fruit. The finish is sweet and fruity. Pretty average overall but perhaps I am spoiled by Kuhnhenn’s Meads.

hellbilly (3249) - scottsdale über alles, Arizona, USA - APR 14, 2012
batch 1/11 bottle #331/487 from schiller on 11/25/11. pale yellow near clear with a slim white head of sharp small bubbles. it smells and tastes a lot like sprite.... lemon, honey, alcohol, florals and light sulfur. crisp sharp mouth feel helps keep it lighter. 6/3/6/3/13

HonkeyBra (4044) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - DEC 28, 2008
My girlfriend ordered this at the cafe and I ended up finishing it. Golden pour, looks and smells like honey. Very sweet flavor with a bit of dryness. Finish is herbal. Too sweet for my taste, but also the first mead Ive ever had.

574deadzone (1419) - North Central, Indiana, USA - SEP 13, 2011
UPDATED: MAR 3, 2012 750 ml bottle from Bell’s. This is a sparkling mead, straw/pale gold in color. Aroma is clover honey and slight alcohol. It reminds me of a very dry white wine or a champagne. Taste is not as sweet or honey-like as nose suggests. It has a bit of tartness and a dry finish. It doesn’t do a whole lot on the palate. I feel like this is a more commemorative effort from Bell’s and I will certainly hang onto the bottle, but at $19 it was kind of a bummer. Not as enjoyable as I was hoping. Since Bell’s is so good with hops, maybe next round they should try a dry-hopped mead rather than going such a traditional route. Step up the alcohol, get some legs in there, cut out the carbonation...I would try that. Update: I had to add an extra point because at the bottom of the bottle I found the tiniest baby bee. I mean, how cool is that? We should all be so lucky to be preserved in alcohol!

CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - OCT 8, 2011
750ml bottle: pours a clear pale champagne golden with decent legs. Has a subtle light honey nose with a touch of floral character. Starts with average fullness and a dry floral honey flavor before a muted finish. Could use some more body and complexity.

tchaos (428) - New York, USA - NOV 30, 2015
750ml bottle courtesy of UrbanCaver for CCCM share. Pours pale yellow with very minor carbonation. Aroma is subtle honey with very faint spice. Taste is very light honey; slightly floral and waxy. Light mouthfeel. Meh.

Doghair (312) - Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2013
Light spicy floral aroma. Taste is sort of bitter with a floral essence. Not at all what I expected. Maybe my bottle was bad but disappointing.

Tmoney99 (14479) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 6, 2010
Sample at The Eccentric Cafe. Poured clear pale color with good legs and virtually no head. Moderate dark honey aroma. Light to medium body with a thin texture. Light to medium honey sweet flavor with a medium sweet finish of moderate duration. Soft drinkable mead.

oteyj (2139) - New Hampshire, USA - OCT 9, 2011
Clear yellow pour with no head. Clover honey with hints of lavender, and apple cider. Not my favorite mean by a long shot.