overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 2244   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bell’s Oberon is a wheat ale fermented with Bell’s signature house ale yeast, mixing a spicy hop character with mildly fruity aromas. The addition of wheat malt lends a smooth mouthfeel, making it a classic summer beer.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Jabah (710) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - APR 17, 2018
I wasn't too thrilled about the aroma, which worried me a bit about what may be coming. Then I reminded myself that this is a wheat beer, which this one was the typical grainy and yeasty smell. Not too much citrus in this one though. Appearance an orange-gold. Was medium hazy, which I'm guessing unfiltered. The taste didn't strike me much at first, like a typical summer brew, but towards the end I was getting it more. Nothing special, but a smooth crisp daytime beer.....or a lighter evening beer.

SuperGuzzler (0) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - APR 7, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: APR 7, 2018 For a wheat beer it is very smooth. I like 312 and it has some competition.

Livendadream (296) - New Mexico, USA - APR 3, 2018
UPDATED: APR 3, 2018 Can pours an extremely hazy golden-orange color with a big fluffy off white head that lingers leaving rings of lace on glass. Smells fruity, with aromas of bread, citrus and spice. Tastes of lemon, bread, grains and pepper. Light body, tingly carbonation, smooth, creamy mouthfeel and a tart, spicy finish. Very refreshing and easy to drink beer. Nice!

ebone1988 (2395) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - APR 1, 2018
Bottle from Merchants. I can't believe I've never reviewed this. Aroma is wheat, orange peel, some pine, slight spice, a little earthy. Appearance is golden, off white head, unfiltered. Taste is wheat, signature Bell's yeast, citrus, pine, earthy, spice, slightly more bitter than the standard wheat ale. Mouthfeel is light body, light crisp carbonation, bitter wheat and citrus aftertaste. Overall, I've had this beer a million times. It is set apart from the others by that bitterness and citrus, and while not especially complex, it is a perfect summer crusher.

heppm01 (1) - Michigan, USA - FEB 6, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 6, 2018 Medium orange body, creamy white head. Citrus floral nose. A fuller mouthfeel than one would expect from appearances but not cloying. Hops and any associated bitterness are pushed well back.

starsurfer55 (5) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - FEB 3, 2018 does not count
Oberon is one of my favorites and a great beer. My only issue is that all the Bell’s beers taste the same as they all employ the same yeast. Citrusy and refreshing. Surpassed by a few like Great Raft’s Southern Drawl but very good drinker.

growlermama99 (4) - Belmont, Michigan, USA - DEC 28, 2017 does not count
Oberon is an epic beer! (Bell's house yeast must be the secret ingredient?) All I know, is I have never tasted another beer quite like Oberon. When it releases each year at the end of March - our group drinks nothing else until it runs out in September. Oberon bottles, cans and mini kegs go with us on our boat, at the pool, picnics, hiking, weddings, etc. One of the few beers worthy of a Shakespeare reference.

higgsbison (275) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 21, 2017
The description definitely makes it sound hoppy. But I thought it needed more hops to balance it out. Citrus notes. A decent beer if nothing is better is on tap ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

gunnar (10217) - Sandnes, NORWAY - SEP 20, 2017
Bottle from BeerShop.gr, enjoyed at Gunnarsbu. Pours hazy deep golden with a small fast fading white head. Aroma of wheat, spicy hops. Taste is light sweet, soft creamy malts with a light spicy finish.

Bacchus66 (1203) - South Carolina, USA - SEP 16, 2017
12oz bottle. Hazy golden orange with a thick white head. Wheat, yeast, citrus, bread, grassy hops. Medium carbonation. Peppery wheat finish. Good stuff.