overall
RATINGS: 1257   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A refreshing, blond colored pale ale. Bell’s pale ale is made almost exclusively from pale malt. It expresses a spicy floral hop aroma and taste.

hopheadfed (6) - crown point, Indiana, USA - MAR 10, 2010 does not count
To quote Robert Plant, "I’m a Golden God!" Golden and holden my palate hostage. Larry Bell can do no wrong.

TheBeerWolf99 (1) - USA - AUG 1, 2002 does not count
I was recommended this beer by a gourmet grocer. This has to be the best beer I've ever tasted. Quite bitter for a pale ale. Dry with complex fuity flavors.

hopkop (8) - Alaska, USA - JAN 3, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2007 I can’t believe the low rating for this beer! When I lived near Kalamazzo I used to drink it all the time because it was so good. It just tasted good, and the aftertaste was so complex and intriguing. People used to say the brewer-owner (his surame was "Bell"") overhopped his beers. And I always said this was nonsense. Bell’s Pale Ale was just right for me, It must be the kind of hops he uses that gives it it’s unique taste and aftertaste. The only trouble is: you can’t get it very far from Kalamazoo. A couple of specialty beer stores in Chicago have it (I think Sams on the near northside is one). You certainly can’t get it in Alaska where I am now. Too bad.

Hazmatt (363) - Virginia, USA - MAY 1, 2007
Bottle. Bright, golden. Excellent head and retention. Aromatic biscuit and spicy hops. Pale malts smooth up front followed by an immediate tingling on the tongue. Very spicy and very good. There’s no way this is only 73 percent overall. Okay, my rating just pushed it to 74, that’s a little better.

ChinaCat99 (14) - Michigan, USA - FEB 15, 2001
Very good Pale Ale, my favorite type of ale. Has a nice strong bitter taste and a good hoppy character.

pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - JUL 1, 2001
This was an excellent beer. Very smooth creamy and just the right amount of hoppiness. These Bell's beers are great.

vanabbema99 (13) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - AUG 14, 2001
This is the fist beer I ever tried from Bell's, many years ago when they were just getting started. It's still here, and you can't argue with a good thing: Hop Heaven!

Paulynine99 (21) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 19, 2000
Bells scores again, a truly great tasting beer. Though it has more hops than I usually prefer, this beer is still a winner.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - AUG 19, 2002
Re-rate 8/19/02 - Still a damn fine beer. Bell's version of a pale is what other breweries put out as an IPA. Floral, hoppy and delicious. Bells, Bells, Bells, Bells. This is a real Pale Ale. No doubt about it. Bells brews full tasting beer. This rocks.

beergirl99 (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JAN 14, 2001
One of the best Pale Ales that I have had in a long time....................