overall

RATINGS: 1575   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
A dark ale for all occasions. A blend of dark malt gives this beer flavors of coffee and chocolate with some smokey roasted notes.

TheBeerOrg (2145) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JAN 8, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2006 My 400th beer. Pours near black with a thin foamy light brown head. Aroma of chocolate, toffee, grainy malts, brown sugar, and light roast. Taste of sweet caramel, bready malts, light roast and chocolate. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and slick and oily with smooth carbonation. Pretty nice porter, and my last bottle of this rated a 3.2. This beer benefits from being relatively fresh. Nice mouthfeel, a mellow porter that doesn’t disappoint.

ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - JAN 1, 2006
Dark dark brown with a medium sized tan brown head. First on the nose (and stays dominant throught) is chocolate. Also some roastiness in there. Flavor has more roastiness than the aroma, and maintains a nice bit of the chocolate. Maybe some nice smooth nuttyness in there too. Very nice porter, indeed. Great all around.

Capa (3295) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - DEC 23, 2005
Very dark. Very Delicious. Some bitterness to be had with this one, not overwheleming. My personal favorite.

DrunkenWeasel (224) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 22, 2005
Pours black with a very thin tan head. Smells caramelly with some cream to it (an unsual smell for a porter). Taste is very similar with a coating that stays on your lips. Aftertaste is the same and peters out fairly quickly.

rdawson321 (145) - USA - DEC 6, 2005
UPDATED: APR 28, 2006 Great during the winter months; thick, creamy, sweet, and still refreshing and clean. Pours a black amber with a lively head with a strong sweet, caramel aroma. Excellent beer, perhaps one of the best beers I’ve had.

mddawso (89) - Normal, Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2006 I was quite suprised that I was able to find this beer in a town where there is no real beer store. Shnucks grocery had some, so now I know where I will be buying all of my beer. It poured completely opaque with a nice tan head that lasts. It was definitly one of the best porters that I have ever had. The taste wasn’t overwhelming so it makes a great session beer.

gws57 (1276) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Had this one bottled. Dark, milky and nose of chocolate, sligtly bitter. I liked it.

dondk (28) - leetsdale, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Nice dark color with a small chocolaty head. Aroma is rich roasted coffee. Flavor is coffee with some decent bitterness. While I thought it was on the lighter side of most porters it is still a very good porter

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - DEC 1, 2005
Nothing is better than a good porter and this is one of them. Nice porterish nose to the brew. Very dark in color with a nice tanish head to it. Great smooth chocolatey taste with a nice smooth finish. I really liked this beer and hope to drink it again some day.

illinismitty (2271) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 1, 2005
Nice aroma of coffee and a hint chocolate, closer to a stout. Brown quarter inch creamy head., brown/black in color (typical). Flavor starts off chocolate with some nuttiness, and transitions to sweet, and finishes with just a small hint of bitterness. Overall, a very decent porter. I keep a few in the beer cellar when I can get them.