overall

RATINGS: 770   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 312   ABV: 10.4%
Our take on the West Coast-style Double India Pale Ale, The Oracle places hop intensity first & foremost, making only the slightest concession to malt & balance. The fireworks start with the floral aromatic punch of two separate dry-hop sessions with Amarillo and NZ Pacific Jade. Resinous, citrusy hop flavors mixed with aggressive bitterness from a massive kettle addition deliver on that aromatic promise.

milewide (2315) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 24, 2009
Best DIPA I have ever tried, and better than HopSlam! Intense grapefruit hop aroma and taste. Malt added body and sweetness---but less than honey laced HopSlam. They need to make this year around!

bytesandbeers (1) - Michigan, USA - SEP 26, 2009 does not count
One wicked DIPA and Fall warmer. Picked this up on a whim while filling a mixed6. The intense hop flavor grabs my salivation glands and squeeeeeezes. The alcohol warmth is present and appreciated on a cool night on the deck. Now, where to find some more?

bdigital (659) - Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA - NOV 6, 2009
Bottle: Pale orange pour with a small white head...good lacing and retention. Huge nose of mango, peach and pineapple with a hint of pine. Sticky, full-bodied mouth feel...flavor is massively hopped in the west-coast sense. Very clean, almost no malt background to be found...huge on the pineapple, mango and peach...finishes clean with a strong, lingering bitterness. This could very well be in tops of IIPA’s.

Daveh (14) - Kentucky, USA - OCT 4, 2012
Pours an amber color with little head. Think Hopslam without the honey. Always good but not for everyone but one of my seasonal favorites.

kimjongill (207) - - AUG 23, 2013
I had heard good things about this beer, so decided to purchase a bottle, even though it seemed overhyped for a debut brew. I can’t say enough about this beer. Pouring it into the glass, I got wonderful floral aromas invading my senses. The pour was decently clear. Very yellow-orange with a nice medium white head. The mouthfeel was fantastic. The balance was spot on. This was like drinking the DIPA balance of hopslam with the punch-you-in-the-face flavor profile of Devil Dancer. I had it only a few weeks after a can of fresh-canned heady topper, and I dare say it exceeded it in every way. If I had a case of this beer, I might accidentally kill myself with alcohol poisoning. I can’t think of a better stamp to put on a DIPA than that (only heady topper could have won this stamp from me before).

WanderinCelt87 (197) - Hamburg, New Jersey, USA - SEP 23, 2014
Pour from a bottle is a nice amber orange with a white head while the aroma is nice tropical and floral. Taste is full of citrus and pine. Leaves a nice bitter and dry after taste.