overall
RATINGS: 3735   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

llafoe (40) - Greenwood, Indiana, USA - FEB 17, 2007
12 oz bottle. Batch #7795. Pours a light gold with a half-finger off-white head. Aroma is of grapefruit, hops and pine. Taste is sweet with a carbonated bitter pine grapefruit finish. Light and smooth. Very nice.

DeuceDeuceOU (51) - Athens/Cleveland, Ohio, USA - FEB 14, 2007
I have decided upon the same sentiments as Bullet2urbrain, seeing as that is what we discussed while we drank this one, as we are roommates. In a not strange life-parter way.. Just two guys who live together and enjoy craft brews. Completely platonic, I swear. But honeslty, another great Bell’s brew, a great example of the style Best part about this beer, its not a porter!

jmikolich (1477) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2007
12oz bottle, Pours a nice copper color, the obvious scents of citrus and grapefruit are apparent.. taste is what sells me on this beer. tastes just like every good IPA should. Done right by Bells, a fantastic reprieve from a winter full of stouts.

shigadeyo (3739) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2008 I get more grief over this beer from my friends than any other beer I’ve rated. Why? Quite simply, because I haven’t posted a rating for this beer despite having it many times over the years. However, I have recently had it again from both 12 oz bottles and draught (at Winking Lizard Tavern - Crosswoods in Columbus, Ohio on 2/07/2007), so it’s finally time to record some numbers and thoughts about this beer. Maybe then my friends will let up on me or more likely, find another beer to hastle me about...

The bottled and draught versions of Bell’s Two Hearted Ale are surprisingly identical in all ways. This beer pours a copper color with hues of brown, red, orange, and golden yellow. It has a creamy, near white head that has good retention and leaves a little bit of lacing on the glass. The hoppy aroma is a nice bouquet of citrus, grapefruit, pine, floral notes, and some malt. The initial moderate malt sweetness is followed by a hefty dose of bitterness and the same hop flavors that were in the aroma, only stoner. The bitterness lasts through the crisp finish and then some. The body is medium to full and is smooth and slick on the palate. Overall this is a well balanced, but intense IPA. It has a tendency to wreck the palate after drinking a few of these! Bell’s Two Hearted Ale is a is probably best fresh in order to experience its wonderful hoppy aroma and flavor at their peak! Bell’s does not disappoint and the Two Hearted Ale is one of their best mainstream brews...

tunneler (131) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 12, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2007 beautiful copper color with off-white head, lacing evident. citrus (grapefruit) and some pine aroma though somewhat less of a bouquet than you’d expect given the big taste (that’s just speaking relatively - this stuff smell fantastic, but tastes even better). very well balanced, great lingering aftertaste without being overly bitter. Not perfect, but it’s hard to imagine a better IPA.

ford9719 (371) - Vilseck, GERMANY - FEB 11, 2007
Bottle. Thanks to BillVanE. Poured a golden color with a with frothy head. Aroma of citrus and hops. Taste of citrus and some spice and hops is great.

Flounder (3) - Ohio, USA - FEB 9, 2007 does not count
Are those hops or drugs I’m tasting, by the time the four pint comes around I can’t tell any more. This beer is a great IPA as long as you can stop at two or three but like every other Bell’s I can’t!

KiDAcE (35) - Canton, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2007
Simply put I would not go out and buy a bunch of this because it is just a little too bitter for me and it needs more of the fruity qualities I taste. That may make it more palletable for me. Not exactly up to my tastes.

merlin48 (656) - Jenkins, Kentucky, USA - FEB 8, 2007
This is my favorite beer, conveniently available in Evansville or Louisville. Hazy apricot body is topped by a healthy head that is just offwhite. Humidly aromatic to the nose, with notes of kiwi, pink grapefruit, and orange blossoms. Perfumey, almost. Medium body supports waves of bitersweet fruity hop essence. Exceptionally well balanced. The ideal American IPA. Love this stuff!

golubj (1377) - San Mateo, California, USA - FEB 6, 2007
Bottle. Good floral hop aroma. Very enjoyable flavor. Lingering bitter finish.