overall
RATINGS: 3706   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beercamel (84) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 15, 2009
Amaing, Wow! This is a hell of an ale. Very floral and fuc&%n Hoppy> Bam This is the shi#!!!>>> Amazon whamo flavor and the smell is so nice of a floral beauty like a floral shop. Sweet, bitter, dry, perfect almost and a smiling face maker. This is a beer I would take if I stranded on a island and SHIZIT!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BrewMoose (83) - Florida, USA - DEC 13, 2012
Draft. Pours golden with small white head. Floral piney aromas. Lost of hop flavor but not overwhelming. There is a good malt balance in this beer. Finishes with lingering floral hop flavors. Very good beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
WozWx (83) - Lafayette, Indiana, USA - DEC 16, 2012
I remember this being very good. Something about this beer tasted a little funny to me, but I donít really recall what it was as I got pretty lit up later in the night.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Burrobuns (83) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - FEB 18, 2007
I was severely disappointed. This beer was recommended by a coworker and rated so highly here that I was expecting more. The grapefruit flavor was a definite plus for me in adding to overall complexity. However, I found there to be too much of a reliance on the upper palate and too little of a well rounded flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kieleszd (83) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 14, 2008
Cask conditioned at Graydon’s Crossing. Creamy head with perfect balance of malt and hops. The two hearts must come from two different beer enthusiasts: hop/malt, because it cares a very even tone throughout yet encompasses everything a beer ought to be. Drink it!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lightning9191 (82) - Christiansburg, Virginia, USA - MAY 16, 2008
This beer pours coppery with an inch of foam. The aroma is quite hoppy, which smells yummy! The flavor is dominated by hops, but a great malty finish. This beer is well balanced. The body is medium with medium carbonation. This is a great beer and will remain in my drinking rotation!!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hanan (82) - NW Phoenix, Arizona, USA - SEP 27, 2014
Average ipa. Mild in all typical ipa aspects. Hops a bit bland and boring. Drink a few decent west coast ipas and this one is very forgettable. Also, overpriced. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
PaperKnife (82) - - DEC 30, 2011
Draft. Bright golden color, thin lacy white head. Sweet, citrusy and pine aroma, cereal and malty as it warms. Dry, cereal, grapefruit, lemon, peppery. Alcohol becomes more apparent as it warms.

UnionBeerCzar (82) - Michigan, USA - DEC 12, 2012
22 is my lucky number and this is my lucky 22nd rating! I saved this beer for it because it is my favorite beer of all time and the beer that broke me into craft beer. I remember the first time I had a lady, the first time I met Mary Jane, and the first time I had a Two Hearted. I was headed on a trip to the west side of the mitten with a lady to do some camping many years ago and on a whim (maybe it was the hemingway-esque line) I picked up a sixer of this brew. I stuffed it into the cooler and proceeded to our camp spot, it was of course raining cats + dogs and nearly impossible to make camp. I reached into the cooler and pulled out an icy cold bottle in the hot humid car and took a sip. My life was changed forever, seriously. I canít lie though a couple of summers ago I cheated on Two Hearted with Founders Centennial and I thought it might best it, but absence made the heart grow fonder and I found my way back home to My beloved 2<3íed. I feel blessed to be a Michigander and claim this as my everyday IPA, doubt Iíll ever put out another 5 ever but I had to for this one. Tonight I had it on tap @ the Union Woodshop into a mason jar, beautiful orange glow and thumbs worth of off-white head. Smells of flowers in spring and crisp fresh lake air. Taste is impeccable for a single hop (centennial) IPA, balanced, crisp without biting, citrusy, very light pine. Simply tremendous mouthfeel and finish. Also the phenomena of Two Hearted burps is unlike any other IPA I have ever drank. Seek this beer out if you have not had it and enjoy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
shoeshineboy (81) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - AUG 13, 2004
Wow! Delicious IPA. Beautiful Hop Aroma destinguishable from 10 feet away. Poured a Dirty Golden yellow with a fast disapating head. A gorgues Blend of subtle malts and Intense Hop additions has moved this to the Top of my list. Well Done!