overall
RATINGS: 3734   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

Eells (64) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2010
The beer that got me into Bells. Incredible foamy head, outstanding balance and a unique flavor that separates it from the pack. A must try for anyone who likes IPAís. When I head to northern minnesota itís the only descent non-import available, and i donít mind.

RichieBoy (64) - Getzville, New York, USA - JAN 21, 2014
A nice Golden color with big white head. Floral and grapefruit aromas. Nice finish and easy to drink. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AndrewMichaelZ (63) - - SEP 20, 2014
Poured into Spieglau IPA glass. Orangish-copper with a beige foamy and creamy head. Deep grapefruit citrus aromas lead the charge with resiny back notes. Crisp and clean bitterness on the palate with a light-medium body and medium to high carbonation. Good but IMO doesn't hold up to some of the ratings I've seen. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Yonny (63) - - MAY 16, 2015
Tap pour at Geoffreys. Nice pour of clear amber with decent white head. Sweetly scented with citrus dominating. Taste is more pineapple than grapefruit with hints of hops. Aftertaste bitterness quickly subsides. Good IPA.

mj23 (63) - south holland, Illinois, USA - FEB 13, 2005
Great IPA, nice hoppy aroma. Poured real well, head and lacing excellent.Dry hoppy flavor, with a little citrus ? Nice light orange coloring slightly cloudly. When the bottling is on itís hard to beat this beer.

IPALover (63) - Carlsbad, California, USA - MAY 13, 2008
Nice lighter IPA (i consider this more of a good pale ale). Reviewing this as a hoppy pale ale (not an IPA), I like the dryness of this beer and how that helps highlight the citric/floral notes of the hops in the beer. Iíve had the beer in bottle and on tap and prefer the tap as the cleaness and crisp hops come through better. This is a very nice pale ale! Having brewed this beer as a homebrewer, I think it would improve with alittle more variety of hops (though love cents).

peteysmu (63) - USA - DEC 19, 2011

neontb (63) - - JUL 2, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2013 Bottle pour. One of the smoothest IPAís I have ever had. Glorious hop notes, with a fresh finish. I have had a lot of IPAís and this one is not the hoppiest, nor the maltiest. It doesnt have the highest ABV I have ever had or anything like that. But I give it a 4.9 because there is absolutely nothing I would change about this beer. As an experienced homebrewer I often find myself thinking, oh I would add this hop to a beer, oh I would modify this or that. I cannot find anything at all that I would change about two hearted ale. It is far and away the most balanced, best all around beer I may have ever had. Cheers Bellís Brewery, thanks for perfecting the American IPA. Update vs Stone IPA: Oh man. Here we go. Its rumble time. Im pouring six IPAís tonight, into two identical tulip glasses so I can compare, with this one going head to head with Stone IPA. The two american IPAís, both with 100/100 on ratebeer. Damn, this ought to be fun. Aroma of stone is nice and floral, but Two hearted wins the category. Dont get me wrong, the citrus and glorious honey and hop aroma of stone is great but it has to go up against the two hearted, and two hearteds balanced hop aroma wins. In taste Stone IPA is more hoppy, citrus and floral, but Two hearted is more balanced. Two hearted though just is so unbelievably smooth with all the citrus hops coming through still that I have to give it the category. Two heartedís finish is better as well. Im calling it for Two hearted here. Both are epic, but in a battle of heavyweights the two hearted wins. On to the next! Into the finished stone glass I poured Bear Republic Racer 5. They look incredibly similar in identical glasses. Two hearted won against stone IPA, can it take down a equally matched racer 5? I think racer 5 wins the aroma category. Both are gloriously hoppy, but the racer has a more hop forward aroma with the obviously floral hops coming out nicely. It smells like the lineup of glorious american hops it has in it, chinooks, cascades, columbus and centennials. Two hearted, hands down wins the taste category though. if only barely. Two hearted is balanced where racer 5 is bold. Both are citrusy with racer 5 bringing out more citrus where two hearted is more floral. Finish though, two hearted wins every time. I honestly dont think it can be beaten as an American IPA. The other beers Im having tonight come close, but not close enough.

VRH (63) - Georgia, USA - MAY 15, 2013
Pours a slightly reddish rich golden colour with a nice off-white head. Forward aromas of cherry & grapefruit accompanied by lots of spice, resin, slight dank & subtle malt as it warms. Taste is crisp, somewhat grassy, nicely bitter, with smooth but tart finish that keeps on expanding on the spice and malt. Light to medium bodied, this beer is very refreshing. Delicious!

TheLevi4000 (63) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - NOV 25, 2013
One of my favorite IPAís. Smells like a well balanced IPA should, citrus and pine. Itís really smooth, without an overpowering bitterness at any point. If youíre a fan of IPAís you need to try this.