overall
RATINGS: 3690   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DeuceDeuceOU (51) - Athens/Cleveland, Ohio, USA - FEB 14, 2007
I have decided upon the same sentiments as Bullet2urbrain, seeing as that is what we discussed while we drank this one, as we are roommates. In a not strange life-parter way.. Just two guys who live together and enjoy craft brews. Completely platonic, I swear. But honeslty, another great Bellís brew, a great example of the style Best part about this beer, its not a porter!

beoir (51) - st paul, Minnesota, USA - MAR 28, 2008
on tap at Acadia cafe, Minneapolis. big hops aroma. light amber color with nice white head. crisp mouth feel. lots of hops but the bitterness is mild, honey, grapefruit. this is a bold beer. I like it a lot.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
doppelmeup (51) - Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA - APR 25, 2008
Poured into a pint glass. Light amber, golden color. Great head with excellent sticky lacing all the way down the glass. Citrusy, with aromas of ruby red grapefruit, and a hint of malt sweetness in the background and maybe some cut grass. This smells very fresh and springlike. What a perfectly balanced beer. Lovely hops and fruit flavors perfectly balanced with a slightly sweet maltiness that perfectly compliments the hops. This is exceptional! Smooth, refreshing, light on the palate yet full bodies. Clean aftertaste leaves you wanting more. This is an exceptional beer, and one of the best American IPAs Iíve had. Delicious!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DTB (51) - South Philly, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2006
This beer pours a dark honey brown that is slightly cloudy. The head is fluffy and a dirty brown. It fell quickly to a fluffy film. Great lacing! The smell is incredibly aromatic that playfully stings my nose with huge pineapple and nectarine hops. No malt detected. Tastes of strong pine and citrus hops with a fantastic understated foundation of oat and caramel malts. Well paired flavors! The finish is a nice sour dryness that makes me want another sip in a bad way. Mouth feel is full and creamy with a medium body and a little carbonation. Nice beer, Bellís! Itís not too heavy, but delicious and easy to drink!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Caterwaul (51) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 7, 2013
Somewhat cloudy brass body, two-finger bone-white head. good retention. Beauuuutiful. Perfumey floral and citrus hop notes. You can smell it at armís length. Just gorgeous. Perfect level of sweetness with just enough bitterness to balance it. Amazingly smooth. The carbonation is present but unobtrusive. This has got to be one of the best American IPAs out there today. I adore this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
parkerj (51) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JAN 4, 2016
I think I broke my palate for IPAs. A "well balanced" IPA comes across as overly-malty to me. I like the aroma a little more than the taste. Still a nice beer, just not what Iím looking for in an IPA right now.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beton (51) - Lublin, POLAND - NOV 15, 2016
Puszka 0,33l. W aromacie wyczuwalne niestety ultenienie objawiające się miodem. Wyczuwalne owoce cytrusowe, zwłaszcza pomarańcza. W smaku żywiczne nuty, białe owoce i lekki karmel, a przy tym dosyć dobrze zbalansowane.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
millstadtguy (50) - Millstadt, Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2006
Pours a hazy orange color from the bottle with a fair head. Aroma & tste is of citrus and hops. A greay IPA!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
slf245 (50) - USA - AUG 22, 2008
Maybe it was because I was really looking for a refreshing swig or maybe it’s because it’s not a good lunchtime brew, but BOY is this strong for what I expected. But, as usually happens, I got used to the taste and strength and it was great to wash down some garlic crackers with. Too skunky for me in the aftertaste, though, and doubt I will purchase again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
HoppyKev (50) - Redford, Michigan, USA - NOV 16, 2000
This is one of my all time favorite beers, the floral smell and taste of the hops is wonderful. If you are a hophead this is a must try for your list!