overall
RATINGS: 3733   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

tex (52) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 30, 2003
Gorgeous beer to pour, great hop flavor. And those are fish on the bottle--it took me a while to figure that one out.

stoutlvr (52) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 3, 2006
Usually, I go for the darker orange, cloudy IPA’s. This one has a lighter color, but is brewed by Bells, so what the hell, huh!?! Good citrus/nutty flavor, but leaves me wanting for some reason....

CapnJazz (52) - Binghamton, New York, USA - OCT 6, 2008
12 oz. bottle and on tap. Pour is a clear amber orange with a medium head. Bursts of fresh hops and citrus! Nice malty backbone with enough sweetness to carry along the hop presence. Never overbearing or random tasting, very focused, simple, and nearly perfect. Freshness is a key here, but not as much as with some IPA. Just extremely drinkable and enjoyable.

EinStein (52) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - OCT 3, 2011
A great deep golden color, aroma bursting with floral and citrusy hops. The same floral and citrus notes dominate the flavor, with grapefruit coming to the front nicely, and just a hint of caramel malt at the end. Finishes pretty clean and bitter, pretty refreshing for a beer this hoppy. Really really nice IPA, great representation of the style; I’m glad I can get a regular supply of this stuff where I live!

parkerj (52) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JAN 4, 2016
I think I broke my palate for IPAs. A "well balanced" IPA comes across as overly-malty to me. I like the aroma a little more than the taste. Still a nice beer, just not what I’m looking for in an IPA right now.

DrSteveBrule (52) - - JUN 8, 2016
Pours a deep yellow, slightly orange color with a good head. Earthy, piney aroma. Has a strong citrusy hop bite with a good malt backbone. Mouthfeel is a little oily, which coats the tongue with a lingering bitterness. A classic IPA and a good standby, but not completely worth the price and hype. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DTB (51) - South Philly, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2006
This beer pours a dark honey brown that is slightly cloudy. The head is fluffy and a dirty brown. It fell quickly to a fluffy film. Great lacing! The smell is incredibly aromatic that playfully stings my nose with huge pineapple and nectarine hops. No malt detected. Tastes of strong pine and citrus hops with a fantastic understated foundation of oat and caramel malts. Well paired flavors! The finish is a nice sour dryness that makes me want another sip in a bad way. Mouth feel is full and creamy with a medium body and a little carbonation. Nice beer, Bell’s! It’s not too heavy, but delicious and easy to drink!

DeuceDeuceOU (51) - Athens/Cleveland, Ohio, USA - FEB 14, 2007
I have decided upon the same sentiments as Bullet2urbrain, seeing as that is what we discussed while we drank this one, as we are roommates. In a not strange life-parter way.. Just two guys who live together and enjoy craft brews. Completely platonic, I swear. But honeslty, another great Bell’s brew, a great example of the style Best part about this beer, its not a porter!

beoir (51) - st paul, Minnesota, USA - MAR 28, 2008
on tap at Acadia cafe, Minneapolis. big hops aroma. light amber color with nice white head. crisp mouth feel. lots of hops but the bitterness is mild, honey, grapefruit. this is a bold beer. I like it a lot.

doppelmeup (51) - Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA - APR 25, 2008
Poured into a pint glass. Light amber, golden color. Great head with excellent sticky lacing all the way down the glass. Citrusy, with aromas of ruby red grapefruit, and a hint of malt sweetness in the background and maybe some cut grass. This smells very fresh and springlike. What a perfectly balanced beer. Lovely hops and fruit flavors perfectly balanced with a slightly sweet maltiness that perfectly compliments the hops. This is exceptional! Smooth, refreshing, light on the palate yet full bodies. Clean aftertaste leaves you wanting more. This is an exceptional beer, and one of the best American IPAs I’ve had. Delicious!