overall
RATINGS: 3734   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

VegDisc41 (42) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 20, 2007
Bottle. Cloudy orangy amber color with a frothy white head. Hops and oranges in the nose and more in flowery in the taste. Mouthfeel was good. One of my favorites.

josephselander (42) - Salem, Oregon, USA - MAY 14, 2009
Batch 8998. Appearance Ė Poured into my Sam Adams glass, a bright yellow with a cloudy orange center. A 1 and a half finger fluffy white head with amazingly beautiful lacing and retention. This beer is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. The bubbles flow endlessly from the laser-etching at the bottom; that never gets old! Smell Ė This smells like summer. Sweet citrusy notes dominate the nose: tangerines, lemons, mangos, and grapefruits! Has a nice hint of floral hops as well. Taste Ė The hop ďzingĒ from this IPA is absolutely perfect. It hits my tongue the way it wants to be hit, not too hard, but it sure lets you know it is there. The grapefruit and tangerines come through beautifully after the hops do their job. I love this beer. Mouthfeel Ė Nice and light, but not too light. It sticks around for a second to let you get the full spectrum of taste that this has to offer, then goes away with a cooling feeling that is refreshing to say the least. Drinkability Ė I could drink this all morning, all day, all evening, and all night. Now if only I had a caseÖ There is absolutely nothing wrong with this beer, it is amazing, and deserves all the praise in the world. Cheers to Bellís for creating the perfect IPA!

beerwolf77 (42) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 4, 2009
Well here it goes. Poured into my pint glass the beer is a nice shade of gold/orange. The head is enormus. Bits of sticky lace remain after it settles down. The cap stays put on top of my glass holding in all the flavor. The smell is awesome. So piney. It has a strong grapefruit/ citrus smell as well. Thereís also a lovely floral boquet that wafts up to my nose. The first sip is a punch inthe mouth. It tastes like the most floral christmas tree Iíve ever smelled. In a good way. So tart and bitter it makes me pucker. I love it. The feel seems very sticky and dry. It just sort of sets up shop in my mouth and stays there. I am really starting to appreciate hops. This beer does nothing but feed the fire that has been started. Bring on the big boys.

jbone78 (42) - Panama City Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2010
Poured a light golden slightly hazy color with a great foamy head and the lace was outstanding. Smells of am American Style beer. Taste is blended well with a great malt finish. The hops are blended very very well with the malt character. This is one of my favorites and I will love this beer forever.

adeezhop (42) - port jeff sta, Alabama, USA - MAR 7, 2014
This is a good IPA, you want great MI IPA you drink Surly Furious. This is a sin to be rated 100 it simply is not, both imop and in reality. Good hoppy ale. I could think of about 20 ipaís I would want ahead of this. A good example of the style, not a standout.

racecarr98 (42) - Illinois, USA - SEP 15, 2015
This is one of the best beers I have had. Another success from the Bell brewery. It could be a long night.

deadguy (42) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 16, 2004
What a beer! With a appetizing floral aroma and moderate to above average lacing. This beer is so good. In appearance very cloudy, with a very complex taste - full of citrus, malt and others that I cannot identify. The bitter flavor is strong but not overpowering. This beer finishes dramatically with a nice robust fresh hop flavor. This is absolutely, in my opinion, second to none.

balesjas (41) - Huntington Woods, Michigan, USA - MAR 30, 2006
Great IPA, one of the best. I had it in a bottle, but Iíve had it on draft and even on hand-pull at the wonderful Berkeley Front. I would recommend this beer in any form. Nice bitterness to it, wonderful floral smell, and very drinkable if youíve had experience with bitter beers. Not for the faint of heart, but I guess thatís why itís called two-hearted?

browner (41) - Delafield, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 2, 2007
This golden orange IPA has a 2" rockey white head which stands up. An impressive blend of aromatic hops, citrus overtones and hints of pine this is a beer that starts out strong and finishes pretty true to deliver a well balanced IPA. Very drinkable and a real palate teaser. One of the best blends of IPA out there and worthy for any red blooded Muskie fisherman.

Gunny (41) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 16, 2004
Hazy, pale orange in colour with a thick meringue head. Aromas of fragrant pine needles and Indian River grapefruit intertwined with sweet malt. Flavour is predominantly resinous, piney hops with a well structured malt backbone. The taste of hops lingers on the palate, cleansing and refreshing.