overall
RATINGS: 3691   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

PhilHarmstead (25) - Vermont, USA - APR 25, 2013
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2013 Over pints at the Great Lost Bear in Portland, ME, recently, two chums and I pondered what ONE beer we would choose if we were limited to drinking just one style the rest of our lives. After hard deliberation, I realized itís obvious: Bellís Two Hearted Ale is my choice for everyday excellence. Nothing tastes like home quite like this. Two Hearted is the taste of the heart of America!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
olundnat (25) - - APR 27, 2014
This beer is excellent with a golden color. It is hoppy with great flavor. This is a great beer to drink all year round!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
FunMikeG (25) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JAN 3, 2015
Good not great ipa. Citrus, earthy, alcohol, floral. Not very smooth. Pours a light and hazy amber, minimal head and aroma

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ej1oo1 (25) - New York, USA - MAR 14, 2015
Good clean and drinkable. It is also a very pretty beer. A go-to ipa with the right amount of bitter.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Knilas (25) - Sidney, Ohio, USA - JUN 27, 2015
Great color, aroma, head retention. Notes of lemon and pine. Somewhat sweet. Well balanced with the bitterness. I am not usually fond of IPA, but I actually enjoyed this. Well done!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
teebeer (24) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 23, 2007
Pours a nice cloudy amber, with great laceing. Wonderful floral/citrus flavor with a slight bitterness that add to the complexity of this IPA. Itís not too often you can find such a floral/fruity ale with that wonderful bitterness. A great example of what the Bells brewery is capable of. Would reccomend this ale to any real beer drinker, old or new. Outstanding.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lunchbox582 (24) - St. Clair Shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 3, 2009 12 oz bottle, poured. Close to orange coloring, short white head, with decent lacing on the glass I would like to start by saying this is not what I expected from this beer. I especially disliked what was left on the palate. It was almost too bitter for my tasting, which I donít understand. It was definitely a very floral aroma, and the taste to go with it. Very hoppy with the back taste of malt. Aside from the Amber Ale, this is my least favorite brew from Bells, and it pains me to say that. 4.09.2008 Edit In light of my previous rating, I would like to amend something I stated. This is not as bad as I made it sound. I started drinking it more regularly and actually liked it a lot. If you feel the way I did after my first try, give it another. It has grown on me very nicely.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bpowers (24) - USA - MAR 23, 2008
12 oz bottle. Man this is a good beer. Pours a nice dark gold/amber color with a 1 finger fizzy white head. Aroma is wonderful. Fresh, piney and citrusy aromatic hopsÖwow! Nice malt backbone also present in the aroma. The taste is nice and balanced. First you get the piney and citrusy taste (a lot likely due to the aroma) and then a nice dose of a solid malt backbone. Hops come back in for the finish with a nice bitter (but still fresh) finish. While the malt backbone does a great job balancing all the hops this beer is all about the hops. Great fresh hops (wait did I say they were fresh yet). It really doesnít get any better for any IPA. Medium bodied with a decent dose of carbonation. Mouth feel is a little thicker than expected but it really keeps things interesting. Itís a great and very drinkable IPA. If I could get it easily the fridge would almost always be stocked with a 6 pack or two.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
majorchaz (24) - Augusta, Georgia, USA - JAN 19, 2009
12 oz bottle bought on a whim. Pours with a medium white head, and produces slightly floral aromas, and smooth floral and sweet tastes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerskinner (24) - North Dakota, USA - MAR 14, 2011
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2012 From the tap and it is good. Canít wait to have more. It outdistances many brews. Bells gets it right on this one. Aroma, taste, citrusy, all superb. Update: I bought a six pack because I hadnít had a tha in a while, so it was a no brainer to buy some. There was little lacing and the flavor was lacking the important components. I wasted 12 dollars on bad brew. You canít win them all. A new six pack was purchased and the same great ipa flavors with decent lacing. Two Hearted has good days and bad days, I spose. Had to lower the rating due to inconsistent quality. I will give them a break and the benefit of the doubt. Tough to beat Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse. Stone IPA is a great brew. Firehouse Union Jack IPA is one fine brew too.