overall
RATINGS: 3732   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

EnderKiller (26) - Athens, Ohio, USA - JUL 28, 2004
Good thick head...smells like a bitter. Taste reminds me of cheap gin and sweet and sour sauce. I expected more. Extremely bitter and unsatisfying aftertaste. Crisp and dry ale with a lame finish. Boo.

jordanartuso (26) - lansing, Michigan, USA - JUL 6, 2006
pours brown/ orange. creamy off-white head. aroma is wonderful with citrus and spice. thick mouth feel, but not too much body. great oak and piney hop flavors. perfect balance of hops and malt. my personal favorite beer

mnstorm99 (26) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2007
On Tap at Pracna Minneapolis (I have had this beer many, many times otherwise) IPA’s are my favorite style, I love the citrus, Piney aroma and flavors. This is my second favorite IPA I have ever had (Surly Furious is the only one I would prefer over this). Aroma is a nice citrus hop, extremely inviting. Color good golden orange. White head sticks around pretty well. Taste, oh the taste is a wonderful pine, citrus hoppy well balanced flavor. A little too carbonated for me, but let this one breate a little and it is perfect.

danmalleck (26) - Alberta, CANADA - NOV 4, 2007
Bottle. Purchased at brewery. Pours lovely golden colour, not as dark as many IPAs I’m drinking these days. Very floral nose, reminiscent of Rogue or Stone (definitely west coast) but a little more floral, not as grainy. This knocked me on my bum just with the nose. The great thing about this beer is it’s not too hoppy, not too bitter. My partner, a decided stout, porter and lambic woman, also loved this, and she tends to eschew the hoppier ones that make me have to sit down. As she said, it’s very fresh tasting.

RR (26) - Kentucky, USA - OCT 10, 2009
Bottle. Nice Clear Orange pour. Very smooth. White Head. Floral Aroma. nice Hoppy flavor. Super IPA.

Forb (26) - - MAR 8, 2012
12oz bottle 24 days after packaging date... Appearance: The color is a golden cloud of with moderate head and lacing. Carbonation is moderate. Aroma: Predominant spicy notes presenting resonate herbs with faint elements of pine and citrus. Taste: The hops are prevalent with a fruity element that sits on the palate long after each sip similar to a grapefruit without it’s excessive tartness. Palate: A smooth medium-heavy body encompasses the palate. Overall: This beer is a very unique interpretation of an American IPA but very positively so. For anybody who loves a good solid IPA... Give this one a try! Prosit!!! Serving type: bottle

Bevbro (26) - Jamul, California, USA - JUN 30, 2012
Light head. Aroma filled with citrus. Beautiful color, orange/amber. Very easy on the palate. Overall great beer. Awesome IPA overall. Would love to come across this beer more often.

tyunker1 (26) - Ohio, USA - JAN 19, 2013
One of the best IPA’s I have had, but what else would you expect from Bells? Strong hops taste, not so strong hops aroma (as compared to some others), but still good aroma. The top rating on this is evidence.

JakeG (26) - Sherwood Park, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 8, 2015
Pours golden with a medium off-white head. Aroma of pine, citrus & malt. Tastes of citrus, pine, resin, fruits, sweet & malt. Medium body. Good carbonation. Nice balance.

earthgirl99 (25) - Washington DC, USA - NOV 23, 2002
The cloudiness seems appropriate. Mild, sweet, and fresh. Wonderfully peppy and sassy. Round with a nice aftertaste. I could drink this one all night.