overall
RATINGS: 3414   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

mfischer2 (27) - Colorado, USA - AUG 28, 2013
Great aroma mixes citrus and resin. Bitter like it should be but doesn’t linger. Decent balance for an IPA. Good for a midwest beer, but it’s no Odell IPA.

justforrazors (27) - - OCT 1, 2013
2 month old bottle poured to my SN IPA glass. A- Golden to orange color with brilliant clarity, pours with a two finger white head. Good retention and lacing, which lasts throughout the glass. S- Smells of grapefruit and pineapple with a slight yeast character also present. A slight caramel sweetness possibly from the malt in the background. T- Floral and grassy hop flavors along with some citrus fruit, once again the pineapple and grapefruit from the nose is apparent. A sweet note (possibly caramel malt?) is present on the back end of the sip. Moderate bitterness, but it doesn’t overpower or peel your enamel like some in the style. No alcohol taste is present. M- Medium/high carbonation, low/medium mouthfeel, and a great drying note on the end from the low finishing gravity of this beer really dries things out and makes for a refreshing beer that you want to take another sip of almost immediately. O- Trying to be as objective as possible with this one, but in all honesty, I just love this beer! It is incredibly drinkable; I could easily drink 3-4 of these in the time it takes me to drink some other IPAs. The flavors of the centennial hops dominate, but there is enough malt to back it up. In addition, the finishing gravity of this beer makes for an easy drinking beer that doesn’t fill you up.

Aquitard (27) - - JAN 10, 2014
Pours clear gold with thick white head. Aroma is light balance hops and malt. Flavor is more of the same. No super strong flavor just super balanced. Mouthfeel is extremely smooth with low carbonation. Overall an excellent ipa super tasty super smooth.

Dr.Drei (27) - New York, USA - SEP 8, 2014
Poured from a bottle into a shaker at home. This is one of my favorite "go to" IPAs that is consistently good. A healthy head (about two fingers) gives way to a floral hop aroma with traces of tropical fruit. While the hops are the real star in this beer, it has enough malt backbone to keep it from being hop juice. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Carlos87 (27) - - JUL 19, 2015
Pours cloudy amber body with a foamy head. Great malt and hop start with a floral hop finish. A magnificent brew! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

EnderKiller (26) - Athens, Ohio, USA - JUL 28, 2004
Good thick head...smells like a bitter. Taste reminds me of cheap gin and sweet and sour sauce. I expected more. Extremely bitter and unsatisfying aftertaste. Crisp and dry ale with a lame finish. Boo.

jordanartuso (26) - lansing, Michigan, USA - JUL 6, 2006
pours brown/ orange. creamy off-white head. aroma is wonderful with citrus and spice. thick mouth feel, but not too much body. great oak and piney hop flavors. perfect balance of hops and malt. my personal favorite beer

mnstorm99 (26) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2007
On Tap at Pracna Minneapolis (I have had this beer many, many times otherwise) IPA’s are my favorite style, I love the citrus, Piney aroma and flavors. This is my second favorite IPA I have ever had (Surly Furious is the only one I would prefer over this). Aroma is a nice citrus hop, extremely inviting. Color good golden orange. White head sticks around pretty well. Taste, oh the taste is a wonderful pine, citrus hoppy well balanced flavor. A little too carbonated for me, but let this one breate a little and it is perfect.

danmalleck (26) - Alberta, CANADA - NOV 4, 2007
Bottle. Purchased at brewery. Pours lovely golden colour, not as dark as many IPAs I’m drinking these days. Very floral nose, reminiscent of Rogue or Stone (definitely west coast) but a little more floral, not as grainy. This knocked me on my bum just with the nose. The great thing about this beer is it’s not too hoppy, not too bitter. My partner, a decided stout, porter and lambic woman, also loved this, and she tends to eschew the hoppier ones that make me have to sit down. As she said, it’s very fresh tasting.

RR (26) - Kentucky, USA - OCT 10, 2009
Bottle. Nice Clear Orange pour. Very smooth. White Head. Floral Aroma. nice Hoppy flavor. Super IPA.