overall
RATINGS: 3443   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

Jrwhitney6's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jrwhitney6 (523) - - JUL 18, 2014
Had near Wrigley before Billy Joel. Pours hazy copper/amber. Nose of pine and citrus. Taste is mix of caramel, zesty lemon, and a touch of bitterness. It's good - but I do prefer more bite on the finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mabuzzer (981) - Hamilton, SCOTLAND - FEB 4, 2018
Keg in Clubhouse, Philly. Clear, golden with a thin white head. Pine, tropical fruit aroma, flavour is both of those ramped up to 11, but beautifully balanced. I want to drink this all night, but at 7% I can't. Damn you Bell's!

randiek101 () - SAINT CLAIR SHORES, Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2018
Always good, always constant! When someone new to craft beer wants to know what an "IPA" tastes like this is what I give them. A perfect example of a can't go wrong IPA.

GregM05 (23) - - JAN 29, 2018
Phenomenal beer. One of the best tasting IPA's I've ever tasted. Would definitely buy a case and recommend it to everyone. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

gbclowes (26) - - JAN 24, 2018
I will be there at the same time I don't have a car so I can get a ride to

thebeerbandit (56) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 21, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 21, 2018 1/22/18 With Abby and James and they got back from Lana Del Ray concert. Poured from can bought back in Chatt. Hazy medium amber with a head that dissipates pretty quick. Smell is classic IPA. Piney/floral hops. Taste is juicy hops. Very floral and I’m really tasting the pine. Not super fruity. Significant caramel malt but it’s not that sweet. Supremely well-balanced. Delicious. Palate is sticky medium-thick. Bitter hops hang around on the finish. Overall, I had high expectations and this really lived up to it. Pretty much a perfect, balanced IPA that’s bitter and aromatic but also malty.

Clareeses (202) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 20, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2018 On draft at bar Louie CWE. Oh how I reminisce on college days.... Aroma 6 /10: very faint hoppy, grassy, a tad floral aroma. Can't detect much, but it's pleasant. Appearance 4 /5: a classically attractive beer. Clear amber with big frothy white head. Palate 4 /5: incredibly smooth with little resinous aftertaste lingering. Weirdly smooth to me, for an IPA. Taste 7 /10: heavy on the malt, I taste a lot of rye and roasted malt. In terms of hops it's minimal, some wood and oakiness is detectable. Overall 16 /20: I know that people love this beer, and I don't blame them. This is a classic beer for people who like beers. For me, it doesn't fall into the ipa category. It tastes like a very smooth ale. For that reason, my overall us considerably lower than others. Final: 3.7

mhuntsman (27) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 20, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2018 On tap at Bar Louie in STL. Aroma 8/10: Clean notes of grass and pine. Appearance 5/5: Thick white head that is very sticky and resinous. Lovely lacing on my 20 ounce pour. Palate 5/5:  Substantial and carbonated. Sticky but not overly sweet. Taste 10/10: A very good, easy to drink ale. Some resin flavors with that classic ipa pine. Overall 19/20: One of my favorite beers. A classic American ale. 4.7

boubalep (41) - - JAN 9, 2018
New York Jan 2018 Amber, clear. Small but Persistent head. Amazing beer considering it claims to be single hop - centennial. Smell of resin with some freshness. Aroma of resin but lots of grapefruit. Very refreshing while butter, and not too sugary. I can se myself droning it in the forest after a good day of exploration/ kayak, waiting for the food to cook on the fire... good one. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

tdubbz4NU (2) - - JAN 4, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2018 Caramel colored with decent lacy head. About as close to ideal balance of malt backbone and hops as it gets. You probably will not find a better beer than this—Astonishing complexity for a single hopped beer. Has just enough specialty malts to give the malt bill a bit of caramely complexity. Simultaneously has ample piney and grapefruit notes with a bit of stone fruit, floral, and resiny character.

unclefrito62 (409) - Stow, Ohio, USA - JAN 1, 2018
16 ounce draft at Winking Lizard. White head, film on glass. Aromas of hops and citrus. Deep hopped in taste and is very smooth. Slight pine after taste that lingers. This is a very nice beer for the style. Cheers!