overall
RATINGS: 3434   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

hopheadfed (6) - crown point, Indiana, USA - MAR 7, 2010 does not count
Probably the best IPA on the planet. Sooo drinkable and smooth, I wish it would linger on my palate forever!

WesKBob (563) - Bethany, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 19, 2010
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2011 Re-rated 1/13/11. I always said I wouldn’t give any beer a 5.0 until I’d had a chance to try a Westy 12 or some of the other rare Belgians that always make the "best of" list. I’d had Two Hearted on several occasions, but never really fresh (I don’t live in a Bell’s distribution state). But, after being able to try some really fresh Two Hearted on a recent business trip, I finally decided that I simply cannot think of a way to improve this beer and it is truly worthy of my first (and, to date, only) 5.0 rating.

Pours a slightly hazy golden color. Thick pillowy white head with great retention and lacing. Gorgeous beer. Aroma is lots of floral and grapefruit hops. Flavor is huge amounts of of piney, grassy and citrus hops and a hint of caramel malt. Plenty of hops to let you know its an IPA, but just enough caramel sweetness to balance things out without being cloying. A nice smooth, creamy mouthfeel and a surprisingly clean finish. This is one beer that finally lives up to the hype.

ptmarchant (1) - USA - MAY 2, 2010 does not count
Bell’s Two Hearted is my favorite IPA, without a doubt. Try it - you won’t be disappointed.

Ruckbeat (11) - Michigan, USA - JUN 20, 2010
Rapidly becoming my favorite beer. Very flavorful, in perfect balance, and light, crisp and refreshing. Perfect for throwing beanbags on a warm summer afternoon. 7% alcohol will warm you up on a cold winter day of icefishing as well!

jwager (15) - Cary, Illinois, USA - AUG 11, 2010
This beer lives up to its score. There is nothing but refreshment from the first sip to the after taste in this beer. Bells hit a home run!

rubbishystuff (2537) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2010
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2017 This was delicious. One of those beers that you forget how good it is until you have it again. Hoppy but still so drinkable. Excellent Serving: Bottle, tap, cask

RDUBBS (6) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 12, 2010 does not count
This beer is great love the aroma and the aftertaste.It also helps that this is an easy find in Chicago.Great stuff!

Ben51781 (13) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 4, 2010
Best beer I’ve ever had. Very balanced IPA. Great flavor and incredible aroma.

baburgeson (1) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 26, 2011 does not count
One of my five favorite beers, from perhaps my favorite brewery. Even the name makes me happy.

beanboots1912 (1) - Alaska, USA - JUL 12, 2011 does not count

Things I like...

LL Bean boots.
Canoeing a wilderness river.
Reading Thoreau.
Frontline on PBS.
A wood stove in the winter.
Flyfishing in Autumn.
A long roadtrip driving to Alaska.
Bell’s Two Hearted Ale.

I’ve tried quite a few beers, and this beer deserves it’s own category, it’s almost beyond what you can call beer.