overall
RATINGS: 52   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 13   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This traditional German-style Hefeweizen pours a hazy, effervescent gold. Our use of a classic German yeast strain delivers flavors of bananas and clove, followed by a slight and pleasing tartness that makes this ale exceptionally drinkable. Long Daze tastes like that perfect summer afternoon in New England – wherever (and whenever) you choose to drink it.

DiarmaidBHK (5657) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 10, 2015
Bottle from South Deerfield area gas station. Pours cloudy and yellow with a thin white head. leaves some lacing in the glass. has some decent clove notes on the nose. some decent banana on the tongue as well. Finishes clean. A decent example of the style though not as estery as I prefer.

malrubius (2982) - Springfield, Vermont, USA - SEP 16, 2015
Bottled as ’Long Daze’ from Julios. Cloudy golden yellow-orange with lasting small head and lace. Nice banana esters with a hint of clove. Peachy tropical sweetness with tangy wheat umami (?) feel and minerally crisp fruity finish. Medium light body and nice soft carbo and texture. Wicked excellent. Wish I could get a reasonably priced six-pack. Finding a six-pack of good hefe around here is getting impossible.

Drake (14059) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 16, 2012
Bomber from Whole Foods Market Darien. Pours a hazy lemon color with a thin frothy off-white head. Fair head retention. Oh my... there’s some banana. Aroma of bananas foster... banana and caramel, along with pineapple and other fruits, toasted notes and faint spice. The taste is banana, caramel, stone fruits, spice. Medium bodied. A little bit too estery.

TheCorkStops (53) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 29, 2012
Berkshire Brewing company is a small craft brewery located just a short drive north of here in Massachusetts. Released at the peak of Summer, their Hefeweizen is only available into the fall (usually). I’m a big fan of the seasonals from Berkshire Brewing Company so we often stock up a little extra at the store to enjoy these brews beyond their season alone. This 22oz Bottle of Berkshire Brewing Hefeweizen pours a brilliant golden straw color. Just a touch of haziness fills the glass, with a thin layer of ivory white foam on top. Last time I had this Hefeweizen the foam over-flowed my glass, but this is a few months older so I’m not really surprised the carbonation has faded a little. What really strikes me in this brew is the nose; every time I have the Berkshire Hefeweizen I’m impressed by the aromas! More than any other Hefe that I’ve had, this smells like a glass full of banana! There’s a little bit spice in the background, but the aromas are easily dominated by the banana, citrusy lemon, and other light fruity aromas. The Hefeweizen is as full on the palate as it was on the nose. There’s a significant portion of that banana and citrus that I was picking up in the aromas, as well as a substantial portion of spice. Flavorful and full, yet easy-drinking and refreshing! Not exactly the best brew to keep me warm on a cold night, but I’ve been drinking so many big stouts lately that this is a nice change of pace!

jcwattsrugger (12517) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JAN 22, 2012
22oz bottle-shared @Small Tasting at my place-pours yellow with a retaining tight white head. Aroma is peach/pear, whea/light malt, slight spice. As it warms, some clove. Taste is clove-spice, wheat/light malt. Ok effervescence.

5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - NOV 25, 2011
Bottle:   Bright straw, fine sediment floats about, moderate to large frothy white head, spotty lacing, very soft carbonation.   Pale wheaty nose, but also some unripened apricot/peach like fruit skin.   A little doughy on the tongue, dirty wheatiness, slight bright yeastiness.   Decent, but the doughy yeasty part reminds me of an American made Tripel.   Body and mouthfeel are moderate.   Ho-hum finish, pale wheatiness that has a hint of fruit skin.   This one doesn’t seem all that German to me.

cakanator (452) - South Hadley, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 5, 2011
This is for an on tap review, I’ve had plenty in the 22, but this one on a sweltering hot day during a break at work in a frosty cold mug, nothing beats it. Great look, cloudy off yellow hue with a big frothy head. Big aromas of banana and clove which I love about this, it doesn’t get too sweet or cloying with flavor, very balanced. So clean, crisp, and refreshing.

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 7, 2011
draft at Nor"Easter in Provincetown. somewhat uncloudy hefe pour, Bubblegum aroma & flavor is more front & present than the traditional banana 7 clove. Lemon citrus & wheat. American take on style

chefelf (55) - New York, USA - SEP 3, 2011
Lighter and thinner than I’d expected. Very citrusy. Pours a cloudy yellow with a white foamy head. Good but reminded me more of a saison than a hefeweizen. Would be very refreshing on a very hot night.

jtclockwork (17070) - , New Jersey, USA - AUG 23, 2011
Bottle. Pours gold. White head. Nose/taste of pear, banana, clove and wheat. Slightly medicinal herbal finish. Medium body.