overall
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 252   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 90   ABV: 3%
Traditional Berliner-Weisse. This is a mixed drink with 98.8% Berliner Kindl Weisse draught beer and 1.2% woodruff-flavored syrup.

ChevauLeger's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ChevauLeger (10) - - OCT 23, 2012
Very drinkable and easy-going drink, you can hardly guess if it is beer or sth else. Sour-sweet, fizzy, tasty.

Lowenbrau (4684) - Asturias, SPAIN - SEP 13, 2017
33cl bottle @Cimmeria, Oviedo. 13-09-2017.
BBD: 11-17. Batch: L148B2.
In short: green beverage.
Did I enjoy it: not really.
Pours little hazy green with frothy greenish head, fast vanishing, poor lacing. Spicy cinnamon, must, yeasty and sweet nose. Light body, average carbonation, slick texture. Taste is sweet, artificial, cloying, watery. Soda like beer.

Davros IX (449) - Hertford, Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - SEP 1, 2017
Bottle at the Bierschenke near Liverpool Street. A vibrant green colour in the glass and served with ice in (I was assured) the true Berlin fashion. I was expecting something violently sweet, but there was a surprising savoury and gently sour flavour to the beer. It was very thirst quenching, but not really my thing.

Piepenhenrich (1195) - Steinbach, GERMANY - SEP 1, 2017
I do like the sour flavour of Berliner Weisse, and the adding of flavors gives it an interesting sweet-and-sour plus in this case slightly herbal twist, which I enjoy.

HomeWaters (24) - Illinois, USA - JUL 28, 2017
Grün is Waldmeister flavor, an aromatic perennial, also known as sweet woodruff. Thin-foamed head. Tastes better than Rot/Himberre. I’d have it with my fruitcake. Yes, I like fruitcake. You bring your unwanted fruitcake, I’ll supply the Grün.

biir (1539) - Berlin, - JUL 13, 2017
Bottle - clear light green color, small head. taste is Brausepulver, woodruff, artifically, slightly sweet finish. refreshing. would prefer it to the raspberry one, but go for any other weisse if I see one.

CH-303 (2338) - Fribourg, SWITZERLAND - JUN 30, 2017
Appearance: Slightly hazy green, yes, green. Slight fizzy white head.
Aroma: Herbs, medicinal. Slight sweetness.
Taste: Medicinal, herbs, quite sweet. Strange. No sourness to speak of.
Bought: Beers of Europe, 330 ml, £1.89
Info: 24/6-2017, BB: 31/12-2017

MarcoBasile (466) - DENMARK - JUN 12, 2017
Pours slightly hazy bright lime green to dark green colored body with a white to light green head. This beer really took me by surprise! I did not expect a green beer! The aroma is very artificial. Straight up play dough! The taste is very sweet with sour notes just at the beginning. It’s best describes as a sour candy that turns sweet. Artificial fruity flavors. This is one sick beer! I don’t know if I hate it or hate that I love it. Watery to oily mouthfeel, dry on the tongue, soft carbonation. This is so weird. As for a beer it really sucks. But as a fun drink I dig it.

AssKicker (631) - Strasbourg, FRANCE - JUN 9, 2017
Couleur verte, mousse légèrement verte et relativement résistante. Nez sur l’amande et la plante. En bouche on dirait du bonbon tellement c’est sucré et les arômes semblent artificielle. Même la carbo fait fake. Bref, c’est du soda pour goûter d’anniversaire.

Zlotta (3731) - Hagen / Düsseldorf, GERMANY - MAY 27, 2017
0.33 l bottle. Clear, poison-like green with a thin, quickly diminishing, white layer. Sweetish, a little sourish, artificially fruity aroma of woodruff, lemonade and sorbet powder. Very sweet, just a bit sourish, artificially fruity taste of woodruff, lemonade and sorbet powder, followed by a short, slightly tart finish. Thin body, a bit astringent and moderately effervescent mouthfeel, average carbonation. Way too sweet, still drinkable, not a beer though, pure artificial lemonade.

flying_pig (1627) - SCOTLAND - MAY 22, 2017
330ml bottle in Alexanderplatz, Berlin (€1.50):
This is a strange beer & despite being one I’d tried previously, I was still surprised by just how sweet & sugary it was which is something that was seemingly masked by the fact that usually I would drink this one straight from the bottle. The beer was overly sweet & came through as more like a fruit juice at times, there was some lime & citrus in there but the apples definitely dominated from the start & it wasn’t the most well balanced beer either. It was drinkable & I wouldn’t say it’s a beer that I’d never have again since it is so readily available in Berlin but it is definitely not one to look out for.